House of Horror

@D4RK5TARZ That’s awesome! :purple_heart: Those busts might look awesome without paint, but if you go for it, I’d love to see them! A reread sounds good too. I could stand to reread the recent Swamp Thing. I blitzed through it so fast I don’t remember much of anything as a result. :see_no_evil: Just that I liked it??

Slightly off-topic, but a friend of mine gave me this one to check out, so that’s what’s up next.

Hi @capo-mage :hugs: Hope things are still going well. You too @MaxR!

5 Likes

Little Monsters was an excellent read. I’m very excited for Volume 2…almost enough to start grabbing the singles.

4 Likes

Awesome. I’ve gotten better at waiting for things, but not always. We’ll see if I can with this one! :laughing: Thanx @chintzybeatnik! Hope you’re well, btw. Been a min. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I am well, thank you @Razzzcat !

4 Likes

Thanks! same to you, that book looks cool too

3 Likes

I’ll just say I’m well lol. I’m tired of being the…

Haha. Just waiting…1st of the year insurance saves lots. So, just “taking it” until then…

Can’t wait for the new Stargirl & Doom Patrol episodes!!!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas!!!

Here is my bounty from Christmas and birthday. My sister found the green used on Swamp Thing and instantly went to look for the Swamp Thing design and it came out great with her 3D printer. (Everything above sitting on the books was completed with a 3D printer by either my dad or sister). Also, I guess I am all in on Gerard Way as a comic writer. I read Umbrella Academy, all of it, last night and just got Doom Patrol and Milk Wars by him.

5 Likes

Close ups of Swamp Thing, Batgirl, and Batman.

5 Likes

Those are incredible!!! That’s so funny cuz I was just thinking perfect time for Milk Wars reread. When I was watching Doom Patrol I was like ok…Young Animal…Casey…should reread Milk Wars. I got into Mother Panic b/c of that crossover. I think it’s great…???

4 Likes

I have never read anything from Young Animal. I plan on checking out Milk Wars or Doom Patrol in the very near future. I am almost done with New Suicide Squad vol 2. I really need the rest of the books now. I know they are on DCUI but if I start a series in one format, I try to keep it in that format. Also, I am slowly collecting all of the SS trades.

4 Likes

I get it trust me. I get scientific when it comes to how I approach certain titles lol. It’s the worst when u realize somethings off & your halfway thru a huge read. Only happened once on that scale for me. Wildstorm crossover when I finally found something resembling it, I went that route. Didn’t become clear til after 55-60 or so. I’m sure there’s way better lists & results now tho. I’ll reread it correctly at some point. I think u will like Milk Wars? It’s definitely different & u like that. Bizarre enough too, it’s basically like watching Doom Patrol thru a book…?

3 Likes

Just finished Doom Patrol vol 1 (something I have never read before). Gerard Way has a writing style that I really enjoy, in comics. I was never a huge fan of his band but Umbrella Academy and Doom Patrol are both amazing reads.

4 Likes

When it came out I was extremely excited about the Young Animal imprint. I ended up reading all the initial runs of their books. ‘Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye’, ‘Doom Patrol’, ‘Shade,the Changing Girl’, ‘Mother Panic’ and ‘Bug!The Adventures of Forager’. Cave Carson was definitely my favorite followed by Doom Patrol. Each book was unique and weird. That’s what really drew me to the imprint. Gerard Way picked out characters from relative obscurity and original characters and made something I really enjoyed.

Unfortunately the imprint had quite a few setbacks, delays and poor communication about the future of the books. I’m not sure why but it fell apart around the time of Milk Wars. I was surprised looking just now that there were more books published, ‘Far Sector’ and ‘Collapser’. I read the first issues of ‘Eternity Girl’ and ‘Cave Carson has an Interstellar Eye’ but assumed they fell off.

@D4RK5TARZ I’m glad you are enjoying some of the books from this slice of time.

4 Likes

Yes those issues are way better then I expected. After Bruno, Haney, Drake…Morrison. I was not even a little excited, especially, b/c Mother Panic & Silencer we’re the only 2 Young Animal lines I loved-& I hadn’t even read Panic til Milk Wars, so, just The Silencer at that point. But they were really good for anything…especially one I went into thinking this might be bad? Which I usually don’t let myself do…

3 Likes

Happy new Year Everyone!

5 Likes

Happy New Year!!!

@LaserPuff and I will be discussing our reading selections hopefully this week or next and we will be getting a new reading selection.

I did see that the poll for Ultra was overwhelmingly in Ultra’s favor so those books will be cycled into our reading!

5 Likes

𝕳𝕬𝕻𝕻𝖄 𝕹𝕰𝖂 𝖄𝕬𝕬𝕽!!!

5 Likes

Happy New Year to you too Mr. Fancy Font! :rofl:

5 Likes

𝙷𝙰𝙷𝙰, 𝙸𝚃’𝚂 𝙰𝙲𝚃𝚄𝙰𝙻𝙻𝚈 𝙰 𝙿𝙰𝙸𝙽…𝙻𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙳𝙾𝙽’𝚃 𝚂𝙷𝙾𝚆 𝚄𝙿 𝚆𝙷𝙴𝙽 𝚄 𝚃𝚈𝙿𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙼. 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴𝚂…

5 Likes

Happy new year! :tada:

5 Likes