House of Horror - Week 3 (October 12 - October 21)

I am hoping it is okay with everyone, but to keep my post count down here, I am going to comment on the many posts that have come in while I was at work. Seriously, everyone here is excellent. I love coming home and seeing a discussion about horror comics.

According to the DC fandom wiki page, which I reference more than I want to admit, it doesn’t look like it yet. Please review those pages with the knowledge that they are made by fans and not entirely accurate. Characters might be listed that aren’t in the book or they omit characters that are in the books. An example of this was in DCU Halloween Special 2010 where they didn’t list any of Batman’s rogue gallery that was present in the fun Superman story.

The way issue 3 ended made me extremely curious about her. I believe she was in the first book for a brief moment and maybe mentioned in the second book? Either way, they have me hooked on her story.

You are right, maybe I was a bit harder on this story than I should have been. What they did with Guy Gardener was excellent, especially while stating the rules for Halloween.

This is a story I really liked. I don’t remember what I wrote on it, but it is one that has kind of stuck in my head for a bit.

You do bring up valid points. I chose to sort of ignore the faults and go along with it. Maybe I was searching for something to really like in this book and this is one of the stories that I ranked higher than others.

I was crazy surprised to see that when I was reading this book! I really enjoyed that aspect of the story.

We got a bingo! I completely agree with your nitpicking on this story. There were things that just didn’t add up. I actually read that short story twice to see if I missed something, which I have done in the past.

Welcome to the house @Ladydeath!!!

This is a great point and I never really thought about it like that. By having the patrons tell the stories when they are told, it seems more organic.

I have some great news for you on this front! A lot of the horror comics on DCU are anthology based. House of Mystery, Elvira’s House of Mystery, many one-shots, and so much more are all in an anthology format. In fact, these comics even had “hosts” that would introduce and close the stories. If I had to guess, there are 2 anthology books coming up for House of Horror 4 and at the very least 2 more anthologies for House of Horror 5!

I hope you enjoy your stay in the House of Horror and I can’t wait to see your thoughts on the other books! If you would like to see what books we have read before you joined, I have them cataloged here. If you or anyone else has any questions or suggestions you can message me directly!

1 Like