House of Horror TV 1 - iZombie Season 1 Episodes 1-6

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

As House of Horror is about to turn 2 years old, @LaserPuff and I thought it would be fun to try something a little different. Using the same format as our reading club, we will watch and discuss iZombie season 1, episodes 1 through 6 on a biweekly schedule.

Places you can watch iZombie:
Netflix

Places you can purchase iZombie:
Vudu
Amazon Video
Amazon (physical copies)
iTunes
Google Play/YouTube

If you would like to join our conversations about iZombie check out the links below!

House of Horror 27 - Memorial Day and Zombies!
House of Horror 35 - iZombies and Vampires
House of Horror 54 - iZombie Part 3

:st_swamp_thing: Are you interested in all things horror? If you answered yes, House of Horror has you covered! You can join House of Horror to never miss a reading topic! If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror Ever!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors
House of Horror 24 - Going To Gotham!
House of Horror 25 - Mystik U!
House of Horror 26 - National Comics
House of Horror 27 - Memorial Day and Zombies!!!
House of Horror 28 - The Low, Low Woods
House of Horror 29 - Returning To The Dark Mansion
House of Horror 30 - Constantine
House of Horror 31 - Vertigo Science Fiction
House of Horror 32 - The Spectre
House of Horror 33 - Exploring The Dark Multiverse
House of Horror 34 - Raven
House of Horror 35 - iZombies and vampires
House of Horror 36 - More Spectre!
House of Horror 37 - Shadowpact
House of Horror 38 - Bronze Age Horror Anthologies
House of Horror 39 - Flashpoint & More!
House of Horror 40 - Rotworld Part 1
House of Horror 41 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52 : Rotworld Part 2
House of Horror 42 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52 : Rotworld Part 3
House of Horror 43 - THE SANDMAN BY NEIL GAIMAN
House of Horror 44 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52: Resurrection Man
House of Horror 45 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52: Resurrection Man Part 2
House of Horror 46 - The Doomed And The Legend
House of Horror 47 - Hellblazer: Rise and Fall
House of Horror 48 - Daphne Byrne
House of Horror 49 - Scooby Apocalypse
House of Horror 50 - World Without End
House of Horror 51 - Horror Anthologies Grab Bag of Terror!
House of Horror 52 - Victorian Undead
House of Horror 53 - Preacher!
House of Horror 54 - iZombie Part 3
House of Horror 55 - New Horror
House of Horror 56 - Hail to the King!
House of Horror 57 - Brimstone
House of Crime 58 - The Kitchen
House of Horror 59 - Gotham by Midnight
House of Horror 60 - Suicide Squad: Black Files
House of Horror 61: Reign In H, E, Double Hockey Sticks
House of Horror 62: Human Defense Corps
House of Horror 63: Elvira’s House of Pride
House of Horror 64: ANNATAZ
House of Horror 65: Fringe!
House of Horror 66: Supernatural Origins TV Tie-in
House of Horror 67 - The Nice House On The Lake

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

Don’t forget to tell us your thoughts on iZombie! Do you like the comic or TV version better?

6 Likes

This is a good series, it does not take a whole lot from the source material but it is fun and quirky.

6 Likes

I just finished the pilot and already turned on episode 2! :flushed: I don’t usually binge shows, but I can see me doing that with this. It has elements of my favorite things, police procedural, mystery, and a twist. I am actually liking the zombie brain eating being the helper of solving crimes. As I finish the first 6 episodes I will comment more. I am thinking of reading the comic now as well.

6 Likes

The comic is very different from the show. There are elements that are similar but in a Stephen King movie and Stephen King book way, looking at you The Shining.

7 Likes

Love this Show! My first exposure to it was the show. Became an instant fan of that actress! Enjoying Ghosts on Paramou. Just because of how much fun iZombie is! :jack_o_lantern::woman_zombie: Happy Halloween All!

6 Likes

The first season of that show is excellent!

6 Likes

It has been mentioned that the comic and the tv show are different. Here are a few ways the comic and show differed.

The one thing that I do find interesting is that Liv looks like the live action version of Gwen.

Oh, and did anyone else notice Liv’s name. Olivia “Liv” Moore. Like Live More. Thought that was kind of funny.

I do wonder why DC/Vertigo comics become police procedurals with the comic twist. Both, iZombie and Lucifer went down this route.

I am on the 3rd episode and enjoying the show, as I have every time I have watched it. Even with the differences from the comic, I love the characters here. Liv is fantastic as a brain eating zombie turned detective. Yeah, that sentence makes it clear why this became a show.

@CassTheStreet has mentioned this show is easy to binge. There are 13 episodes in the first season. The next topic will have the rest of the first season!

6 Likes

It is so bingeable that I already finished these 6 episodes! This is a fantastic show. I may have also read the first 6 issues of the comic series last night as well. Different really doesn’t begin to describe it, but both are equally as good.

I want more of Liv’s roommate! She is played by one of the girls from Aly & AJ.

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song (Closed-Captioned) - YouTube

I may be really enjoying this and trying to hold off talking more until some others have gotten further into it.

4 Likes

I too have finished the first 6 episodes! I got lucky and it ended just as House of the Dragon was starting!

I actually picked up the omnibus for iZombie yesterday on ebay for under $60 with shipping. I love the artwork in iZombie the comic.

Also…the wereterrier is referenced in the show!!! Ravi plays an MMORPG and his character is a wereterrier!!!

5 Likes

One of my favorites!!! Love the Michalka sisters!!! A.J. was great on Goldbergs & Aly is great (& both smokeshows) in IZOMBIE. Great theme song too. One of the few I never ff. I like how they start with a comic panel, that then comes to life.

4 Likes

This is a great idea! :house_of_horror: I enjoyed the series, even if it strays from the source material. I was just talking to someone about it - they haven’t seen it and they suggested a rewatch w/ me, so I’m sure I’ll have more to add soon as my memory refreshes.

7 Likes

I did it the other way. Watched it, then read it. So, it was an awesome watch but if I would’ve read it first? I can definitely see why going into it with the comic in mind might be a letdown?

4 Likes

Can’t wait for your thoughts! The first 6 episodes were a lot of fun. I completely forgot that Rob Thomas was the showrunner. He was great with Veronica Mars and this definitely has that vibe. For those wondering, no, it isn’t THAT Rob Thomas. Just keep watching…

WAL are great but my schedule is all sorts of weird (I never know if I am getting out of work on time or not) and this seemed like the next best format to watch stuff in a group setting.

5 Likes

Zombies in general are bad for me, but I chose to give this a try (thanks to my friend CassTheStreet.) I loved it. Only seen the pilot thus far but so far its very good!

4 Likes

Excellent!!! I completely blanked on that when I chose this series as the first entry. It isn’t like every other zombie show, although it does have those elements. Glad you enjoyed the first episode!

5 Likes

I can’t wait until the next part of this. Some additional comments that I have. Episode 3, finding Marcy alive, but a zombie was sad, even more so when they couldn’t get her to return to “normal” or like Liv. One of the characters that I enjoyed in these first 6 episodes was Jackie, but poor lady bit the dust very early on in the show. She could have been an interesting counter-point for Blaine, but I think it would have weakened Blaine as the main antagonist/whatever he is at this point in the show.

The comic book is way different, I have read about 19 of the issues of the 29 on DCUI. I was happy with the nod to the were-terrier in one of the episodes. This isn’t blurred because it is mentioned above. There are very little similarities at all. Even the character name and their job is different. The entire focus of the series also feels different at this point. We will see though as it progresses if that stays the same or not.

This series so far seems very intelligently casted. I am hoping for more of her roommate though. I also love that there is a “mystery” basically to solve each episode. It helps to keep the show moving, but it is interesting to see another thread developing for story in terms of Meat Cute shop. Can’t wait to see what develops there. Is the plan to watch six episodes every 2 weeks? If so, I will have to try to stop myself from watching more of this.

4 Likes

Actually, next week will be 7 episodes to finish the first season. Then I figure we will leave it up to a vote to continue to season 2 or move to another series for a season. Personally, I think it would be great to finish one series before moving to another but variety and what not.

5 Likes

*slaps forehead You mentioned this actually that we were finishing out this season. Sorries! I think my vote would be to maybe mix between two series for variety. Finish one season of a show then go to another one then back to the other and back and forth basically until one is finished, then insert new show. Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I disagree. I doubt i’ll wait to watch s2 that long. One reason is due to CW shows having cliffhangers.

3 Likes

I still haven’t finished this show, so this might keep me motivated to catch up.

4 Likes