House of Horror 78 - Wolf Moon (Ultra)

:st_swamp_thing: Greetings, Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

@LaserPuff wanted a werewolf comic and we found Wolf Moon! This is written by Cullen Bunn and I have found many of his horror comics to be fun. This is an Ultra book and is not for the kiddos, rated 17+.

:st_swamp_thing: Are you interested in all things horror? If you answered yes, House of Horror has you covered! You can join House of Horror to never miss a reading topic! If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

:house_of_horror: Books to Read :house_of_horror:

You have the option of reading the individual issues or the collected edition!

Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts on Wolf Moon!

7 Likes

Oh man, I’m so glad that I pushed for the Werewolf genre. I’m halfway through this series and I’m loving it! It has a good protagonist, a mysterious circumstance, a wildcard subplot. To warn the queasy it is very violent. I like Dillon and his obsession with the wolf and his internal conflict about stopping the wolf and the person afflicted with the curse.

The story is giving me some classic werewolf vibes. The art is gritty and the characters are really well written. I’m hooked.

5 Likes

This was an interesting take on the Werewolf. It reminds me a little bit of Stephen King’s book The Outsider. The story was well paced and I read it quickly. I enjoyed it!

5 Likes

I haven’t read this. Is it good?

4 Likes

I liked it. They also did an adaptation of it I think on HBO Max. It wasn’t bad.

4 Likes

I’ll have to check it out. For sure, werewolves are some of my favorite monsters.

4 Likes

It doesn’t exactly have a werewolf, but there is a monster who moves from person to person, which the skinwalker reminds me of.

4 Likes

Started watching the first episode of the Outsider. Pretty grizzly stuff. I’m thoroughly horrified if the guy didn’t do it. Couldn’t finish due to time but I’m definitely going to revisit.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this series. I liked how it ended.

4 Likes

I thought this was a solid read. The concept of the Werewolf curse being more of a disease that chooses hosts every full moon is very unique (and yes, it also vaguely reminds me of Stephen King’s “The Outsider”). This comic feels more like Action-Horror. Yes, there are scenes and panels that definitely have that suspense and tense atmosphere, but it is more about the hunt, which is something you could argue is a part of every Werewolf story.

Part of me wonders if this would have been better if it was structured more like an anthology. The main focus is on the new cast that experiences the Werewolf every full moon, new city, and characters with every issue. But you can still have a vague connection between each issue with a hunter/narrator that tracks down the creature. Regardless, this was still an enjoyable mini-series.

4 Likes