House of Horror 72 - Lobo and Demons!

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

I apologize for the late posting, this past weekend was busier than I expected. Granted, I spent way too long driving to different Mcdonald’s for a pumpkin bucket but I got it! I am missing the witch bucket so if anyone has an extra one give me a shout!

This week we are going to read a Halloween special where Lobo and The Demon teamup that I somehow stumbled upon and I can’t wait to dive into it. Then we will read a Raven story written by the great Marv Wolfman.

You can check out our profile on The Demon here!

:st_swamp_thing: Are you interested in all things horror? If you answered yes, House of Horror has you covered! You can join House of Horror to never miss a reading topic! If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror and House of Horror TV EVER!!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors
House of Horror 24 - Going To Gotham!
House of Horror 25 - Mystik U!
House of Horror 26 - National Comics
House of Horror 27 - Memorial Day and Zombies!!!
House of Horror 28 - The Low, Low Woods
House of Horror 29 - Returning To The Dark Mansion
House of Horror 30 - Constantine
House of Horror 31 - Vertigo Science Fiction
House of Horror 32 - The Spectre
House of Horror 33 - Exploring The Dark Multiverse
House of Horror 34 - Raven
House of Horror 35 - iZombies and vampires
House of Horror 36 - More Spectre!
House of Horror 37 - Shadowpact
House of Horror 38 - Bronze Age Horror Anthologies
House of Horror 39 - Flashpoint & More!
House of Horror 40 - Rotworld Part 1
House of Horror 41 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52 : Rotworld Part 2
House of Horror 42 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52 : Rotworld Part 3
House of Horror 43 - THE SANDMAN BY NEIL GAIMAN
House of Horror 44 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52: Resurrection Man
House of Horror 45 - Celebrating 10 Years of The New 52: Resurrection Man Part 2
House of Horror 46 - The Doomed And The Legend
House of Horror 47 - Hellblazer: Rise and Fall
House of Horror 48 - Daphne Byrne
House of Horror 49 - Scooby Apocalypse
House of Horror 50 - World Without End
House of Horror 51 - Horror Anthologies Grab Bag of Terror!
House of Horror 52 - Victorian Undead
House of Horror 53 - Preacher!
House of Horror 54 - iZombie Part 3
House of Horror 55 - New Horror
House of Horror 56 - Hail to the King!
House of Horror 57 - Brimstone
House of Crime 58 - The Kitchen
House of Horror 59 - Gotham by Midnight
House of Horror 60 - Suicide Squad: Black Files
House of Horror 61: Reign In H, E, Double Hockey Sticks
House of Horror 62: Human Defense Corps
House of Horror 63: Elvira’s House of Pride
House of Horror 64: ANNATAZ
House of Horror 65: Fringe!
House of Horror 66: Supernatural Origins TV Tie-in
House of Horror 67 - The Nice House On The Lake
House of Horror 68 - Refrigerator Full Of Heads
House of Horror 69 - Task Force Z
House of Horror 70 - Swamp Thing: The Dead Don’t Sleep
House of Horror 71 - Are You Afraid of The Spectre?

House of Horror TV:
House of Horror TV 1 - iZombie Season 1 Episodes 1-6
House of Horror TV 2 - iZombie Season 1 Episodes 7-13
WildStorm Universe and House of Horror TV 2.5 - Army of Darkness!
House of Horror TV 3 - iZombie Season 2, Episodes 1-10

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

Did you know that we have teamed up with WildStorm Universe on an Army of Darkness HOH TV?

:house_of_horror: Books to Read :house_of_horror:
Lobo/Demon: Hellowe’en 1 (1996) (rated 12+)

DC Special Raven 1-5 (2008) (rated 12+)

Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts about this week’s comics!

:house_of_horror: New To DCUI (not including Ultra) 10/25/22 :house_of_horror:

:house_of_horror: New horror comics released on 10/25 :house_of_horror:

Collected Editions

5 Likes

I was somewhat underwhelmed with Lobo/The Demon. I guess the story was okay but I was hoping for something, umm, different. The art wasn’t bad but also not great. There was one page that could have definitely showed off the artist and it was just there. I might be too hard on this one but it didn’t meet my expectations.

4 Likes

I am slowly making my way through DC Special Raven. I have mixed feelings about it as I head into the 3rd issue.

4 Likes

I love every Raven solo title on here lol. The one where she’s in that house/dimension with a huge name character, I can’t recall who, is especially great. But I liked em all?!?!

3 Likes

Just finished the Raven story. First, the art is either amazing or just plain annoying because it is too busy. There were often times that it looked like graffiti but then other times that it looked an anime with depth. I haven’t seen a series this unbalanced from the same artist like this in a long time.

The story, with the understanding that I am not the target audience for this book, was okay. I think there was too much time wasted on the first villain and then the finale seemed rushed.

3 Likes

I can only find the green witch (or McGoblin) in my neck of the woods. I have a bunch of them. Do you happen to have a pumpkin or ghost to trade?? :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

I just went to my local McDonalds and they were all out of the buckets. :frowning: I only have one of each the pumpkin and ghost.

3 Likes

I’ll have to read these later today! Excited about Raven but I don’t really like Lobo…

3 Likes

I can’t wait for your thoughts on Raven!

2 Likes

I just read Lobo 2014. I was saving em all. I was less then halfway…maybe halfway? Through a reading order of his. I just decided to read it yesterday & finished it today. 14 issues, not many. Art was great. Dug the storyline. I’ll probably finish that order & just fill in those spots mentally. If I can lol.

2 Likes

I like Lobo but I don’t naturally go to his comics. I think tonight I am gonna crack open the iZombie omnibus and see how far I can get between today and tomorrow. It is under 30 issues so it is doable to read in basically one or 2 sittings.

2 Likes

IZombie I did in 2 sittings & I was being lazy about it. For sure 2 days is enough lol. I never really read solo Lobos either? Then I looked & found a good one that included every one of them-& they’re all on here. So, I figured no excuses now…lol.

1 Like

I’m in the annoying camp. The story was fine, but the art made it hard for me to get through. These came out in 2008 but this felt like 2022 and it was so busy and sometimes incomprehensible what was happening on the page. There was some weird blur effect they kept using in crowd scenes and sometimes the art was just straight up pixelated. Felt like someone just learning how to use photoshop.

Also definitely felt like an old man trying to write in the voice of teenage girls… which is hard to do lol.

The Lobo/Demon story was quick and fun. I think this was my first intro to Lobo. I’d definitely get annoyed with how he talks if I read a whole series, but it was a fun spooky space story.

2 Likes