House of Horror 67 - The Nice House On The Lake

Welcome back to the community @thisiscourt! :partying_face: I’m glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed the series so far. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

3 Likes

:eyes: I finally started this last week, so I’ll be back! Great pick, btw. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Ohhh… I love it. I’m excited for u to read it…

4 Likes

Thank you! The upside to an unexpected absence is there are books that we can do now that I have been waiting to read with HOH.

4 Likes

this was a great read. I saw it was described as Lost meets the apocalypse and that’s pretty accurate. unique take on a story we’ve seen before.

4 Likes

I had no idea what to expect from this (and I really enjoy how unassuming it seems from the outside :full_moon_with_face:) but it’s exactly the kind of creepy weird book I tend to enjoy, more often than not. The premise might seem like well worn territory, but this definitely felt like it was doing it’s own thing. I’ve been hit or miss w/ Tynion at times, but this is one I’d recommend.

I probably can’t say enough good things about the artwork and how well it goes with the writing—art can really ruin things for me if it doesn’t work. Even if I got a little lost at times and had to reread to make sure I understood, I didn’t mind, and the art played a big role in that for me, I think. :purple_heart: Well done.

:face_with_monocle: Capo Knows ™️

I believe Nightmare Country 1 lands in the library next month…10/11. :eyes:

6 Likes

It does!!! That series is fun but I need to catch up with the issues I have.

I agree the covers do a great job of steering my expectations in one direction and then the story goes for the jugular, especially issue one.

He is one of the writers that I seem to like most of the time but every now and then he seems to go off track.

I am really happy that you enjoyed this series. We will be returning to this in about a year and a half as there was a delay. Issue 9 was released in May and issue 10 just came out or is about to come out. (Still gotta get my books this week.)

6 Likes

Happy Cake Day @D4RK5TARZ :grinning: :ghost: :cake:

5 Likes

Thank you!!! Can’t believe I have been here for 4 years!

5 Likes

That is crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Wow congrats!

3 Likes

Has it been 4 years now? Goodness, what a reality check for me. I was here from when they opened their doors pretty much as well. Definitely happy cake day to another old fogey of these forums, @D4RK5TARZ.

2 Likes

Thank you! I had to double check that and saw 9/29/18 and was like it can’t be that long!

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔 𝘽𝙀𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝘿 𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙎𝘼𝙍𝙔 !!! @D4RK5TARZ !!

Couldn’t find a good pic of Ice so used figure. Then realized I just dropped around 50 of her, on Just Gorgeous from The new Human Target series. Could’ve grabbed one of those. But, it loaded & all is well. Hope it was a great one buddy!!!

4 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like I need to read The Hitman books.

3 Likes

I was just coming to correct that lol. Was a second too late. I was actually in the middle of posting & realized I put Hitman, not Human Target. Hitman is great too tho!!!

2 Likes