House of Horror 55 - New Horror

:house_of_horror: Greetings, Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

Long time, no scream! I am slowly readjusting to life after the holiday bustle, actually, I have one more stop next weekend and then I can say my holiday festivities have been completed. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t read some horror comics this week!

As you are all aware, we took a break. I didn’t realize how much that break was needed until we were in the middle of it and let me tell you, it was refreshing. I can’t wait to catch up with everyone as I slowly make a full return to DC Community. I have played some video games (got the platinum trophy on Tales of Arise!) and watched tv (Peacemaker is amazeballs!) and have become obsessed with r/entitedpeople posts on reddit.

I know you didn’t come here to read about what I have been up to while I was away. You came here for some quality horror reading!

In the spirit of catching up with everyone, we are going to catch up with some NEW horror titles!

First up are issues 3 and 4 of Soul Plumber. In my opinion, DC Horror has been knocking out of the park with the 2 titles that have been released. First, we had The Conjuring: The Lover and that was magnificent in every way. Then we as horror fans were gifted by the great horror gods another solid title with Soul Plumber. We are going to read issues 3 and 4. I can’t wait to see what directions this book takes us. I am sure it is off the beaten path. Honestly, I wouldn’t want anything but that. If you happen to be new to House of Horror or you might have missed issues 1 and 2, you can always check them out. This is a great modern horror title and I think every horror fan should give it a chance. I highly suggest everyone check this title out from the beginning because it is top-tier horror!

Next up, we have The Swamp Thing. Okay, so this book is just amazing. Ram V has taken an idea and exceeded all expectations. Sure, it isn’t Alec Holland but Levi is doing a fine job as our protector of The Green. Oh yeah, did you see that this series got an extension?!?!

DC Horror Presents: Soul Plumber 3 (2021) (rated 17+)

DC Horror Presents: Soul Plumber 4 (2021) (rated 17+)

The Swamp Thing 4 (2021) (rated 12+)

The Swamp Thing 5 (2021) (rated 12+)

I can’t wait to see what everyone has been up to and read your thoughts on this week’s books!

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

3 Likes

Soul Plumber has really gone big picture with these last couple issues. We have a lot to unpack from these issues. The chaos just keeps growing. Inter dimensional beings, sex cults, militant sects of the Catholic Church.

I have to say my favorite part of these issues has to do with Elk. I feel like he has really stolen the show. Elk’s head may seem to be screwed on a little loosely but he knows when things have gone sideways and he definitely reacts appropriately.

Who’s your favorite character in this series?

2 Likes

First off, that gif is freaky AF. :open_mouth:

Second, need to catch up on these series, especially The Swamp Thing. Hopefully will talk about these issues soon with you guys. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still have to read the Soul Plumber issues. My work has been a bit hectic and I haven’t had a chance to sit down and read these 2 books.

The Swamp Thing has been amazing and I am excited that it has been extended. The inclusion of Poison Ivy was excellent.

I was hoping to get House of Horror 56 posted yesterday but I completely zonked out on the couch watching FBI. I want to keep this on Sunday’s so I will give this one another week.

3 Likes

Understandable. :slight_smile:

I will say I’ve read the first two issues of Soul Plumber and DAMN if that’s not one of the weirder and more messed up books I’ve read in a hot minute.

2 Likes

The same! I did read a book that I got in the mail called Glitterbomb, which is an Image horror thing and it is messed up but not to this level.

1 Like