House of Horror 54 - iZombie Part 3

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds!!! :house_of_horror:

I hope everyone is staying warm as the weather gets colder. I do apologize for not being around as much but this season is usually busy for me, 99% of everyone in my family has a birthday (including myself!) this season and to mix that in with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. I am pretty busy, to say the least. Anyways, @LaserPuff and I have a fun little list of books to read this week.

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

This week we are returning to iZombie! This is one of my favorite series that we have read here and I believe I can say the same for @LaserPuff. In other words, I wouldn’t be surprised to see iZombie return in the future.

:house_of_horror:Books to Read :house_of_horror:
iZombie 13 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 14 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 15 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 16 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 17 (2010) (rated 17+)

Don’t forget to let us know what you thought of this week’s books!

(upcoming books will return in January!)

4 Likes

I enjoyed these issues. I thought the Dead Presidents were a fun concept. Too bad Gwen’s secret is out, but hopefully she can work things out with her boyfriend.

3 Likes

Things are getting exciting in the iZombie universe! I’ve been enjoying reading this series, I get a lot of Buffy vibes from it. The skeeball storyline was fun. I just played some this week, I had no idea there were leagues!

I’m really interested to see if and how this Dead Presidents storyline gets explored further. In a lot of stories monsters are the outcasts of society and the monster hunters are usually the government-sanctioned group, but here the monsters are part of the government.

There’s a parallel to the idea of minority groups getting the approval of dominant culture by assimilating and taking part in keeping the status quo. The Dead Presidents are given authority to kill off the “bad” monsters because they are “smart zombies” that have control over their hunger and can be used for good. I wonder why the government didn’t try to kill off all monsters themselves and start their own monster-hunting group.

Excited to read more of this series!

4 Likes

I have a feeling things will work out for her.

I agree, the tv show also had those vibes. Even with a completely different storyline than the comic.

This is a great question and one I hope is explored more. However, the downside to this series is that the ending was rushed. Apparently it was cancelled and they tried to tie up any loose storylines. Sadly, iZombie was a casualty of New 52.

3 Likes