House of Horror 50 - World Without End

Just finished this issue and wow it does just keep getting weirder and weirder. But it’s such a fun comic and it’s fun to watch these characters stumble through accidental demon-summoning? I like how this story is showing how religion can sometimes take advantage of people who need some kind of community or purpose in life, and how that purpose can in turn be used to justify doing bad things. That’s definitely a recurring theme in true crime stories, and the writers are obviously from that world.

In a way, the art from World Without End kind of reminds me of Soul Plumber. Soul Plumber is much more subtle (and clearer), but they have a similar neon theme to them that I like. I didn’t completely hate the art in World Without End, but it was a lot. Soul Plumber is a really good mix of fun colors and storyline, while also being dark and serious at times.

3 Likes

I gave up on the 3rd word in that language. I wasn’t going to waste time trying to figure it out on a story that I was already cold on.

This is the main thing about comics. The art can only go so far. The story needs to be good for it all to mesh.

2 Likes

Ty @Shayera.Hol!!!

3 Likes

Ty happy bday as well, belated!!!

2 Likes