House of Horror 35 - iZombies and Vampires

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

It has been a big week in the world of DC Horror! In case you missed the SDCC Horror Panel as I did, we got you covered! Of the few panels that DC has posted on YouTube, the horror comics panel had the second most views, of course, Batman would have the most views. This made me really excited for the future of horror comics published by DC.

:st_swamp_thing: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror...EVER

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish ?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors
House of Horror 24 - Going To Gotham!
House of Horror 25 - Mystik U!
House of Horror 26 - National Comics
House of Horror 27 - Memorial Day and Zombies!!!
House of Horror 28 - The Low, Low Woods
House of Horror 29 - Returning To The Dark Mansion
House of Horror 30 - Constantine
House of Horror 31 - Vertigo Science Fiction
House of Horror 32 - The Spectre
House of Horror 33 - Exploring The Dark Multiverse
House of Horror 34 - Raven

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

Now for the reason, we are all here, horror comics! In the last few weeks, we have taken a detour into the realm of superhero comics. Making stops with The Spectre, Raven, and The Unexpected. One might say that this was carefully curated but I certainly can’t vouch for that, perhaps @LaserPuff can? One thing is for certain, we like to keep you on your toes. This week we are returning to iZombie. We have covered the first 6 books of iZombie in HoH 27, in case you want to go back and read the first arc. Personally, I really enjoyed the first story arc and can’t wait to read this next story arc as fast a zombie eats brains.

:house_of_horror: Books to Read :house_of_horror:
iZombie 6 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 7 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 8 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 9 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 10 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 11 (2010) (rated 17+)

iZombie 12 (2010) (rated 17+)

Don’t forget to let everyone know what you thought of iZombie 6-12 below!

A few new horror comics are hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 8/3

New to DCUI 8/3 (subject to change)

Random Poll

Do you prefer the comic book or tv series of iZombie?
  • Comic book
  • TV series

0 voters

6 Likes

These were an interesting read. I have seen some of the tv show, but this is my first time with the comics. They arent as comedic as the show, although the grandfather as a chimp is funny. It is sad that Gwen is losing her memories, but I am glad she doesnt want to become a real monster. All in all, I enjoyed them.

5 Likes

iZombie continues to impress me. The way the series has a one-off story in between bigger arcs reminds me a lot of Sweet Tooth and that isn’t a bad thing. The one-off stories included origins of Spot and Ellie and they were both a lot of fun.

The main story arc we find Gwen losing herself and her memories. We are also introduced to Mr. Chimp which is a fun character and I am excited to learn what Spot and Ellie are planning. As much as this a horror/crime comic, iZombie is also a slice of life comic and I have been enjoying the daily activities of each character, ranging from going to a comic shop or telling stories or hanging out with their grandfather and friends.

4 Likes

I voted tv show, because I loved the stuffing out of that show. I need to start on the series. As for ongoing books, Swamp Thing continues to impress. It’s always dicey when you intro a new person behind the mask (or muck) but I’m really enjoying the book. The last issue dealing with how an old unexploded Nazi bomb infected the earth itself with its nasty little facism is the kind of story only the best Swamp writers come up with.

3 Likes

Ram V has become one of my favorite writers. His work on Justice League Dark and now Swamp Thing has catapulted him in the same realm I hold King, Taylor, and Tynion. Yes, they each might misstep but I have enjoyed the bulk of stuff I have read from each writer.

Yes. Yes, you do. The book is different than the tv show. Mike Allred’s art is excellent and Christopher Roberson’s story weaves and bends in the best of ways. It really doesn’t dive into deep horror, outside of zombies, ghosts, a werewolf, and vampires being present.

3 Likes

I’m just in love with the Aly Michalka & her sister & Rose McIver. That’s why I voted show.

2 Likes

I am loving this series! I voted for the comic, I did enjoy the TV show what I watched of it. I enjoy the overall vibe of the characters and the story.

I really liked Scott and Ellie’s back story and that they filled in some holes in the story. Sometimes back stories don’t do that.

I am interested to find out this whole world destroying Xitalu.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I’ve only seen the show. I’m putting the comic in my notebook today tho. Was just waiting to hear some opinions on it 1st. Now I’m set.

3 Likes

The comic is really good. It has a different vibe from the show but I actually like that because that means we get that much more Gwen!

3 Likes

Say less… I’m in.

3 Likes