House of Horror 33 - Exploring The Dark Multiverse

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

I hope everyone enjoyed last week’s dive into The Spectre and Dr. 13. I personally really dug Tales of the Unexpected. Before we get into the books we are reading this week, join @LaserPuff and me in giving a warm House of Horror welcome to our newest member @scoop001! Make yourself comfortable but always expect the unexpected.

:st_swamp_thing: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror...EVER!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish ?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors
House of Horror 24 - Going To Gotham!
House of Horror 25 - Mystik U!
House of Horror 26 - National Comics
House of Horror 27 - Memorial Day and Zombies!!!
House of Horror 28 - The Low, Low Woods
House of Horror 29 - Returning To The Dark Mansion
House of Horror 30 - Constantine
House of Horror 31 - Vertigo Science Fiction
House of Horror 32 - The Spectre

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

This week we are going to explore the aftermath of Dark Knights: Metal found in the pages The Unexpected. This might not be the normal horror comic we read in HoH but after last week’s vicious images, think of this as a palette cleanser.

:house_of_horror: Books to Read :house_of_horror:

The Unexpected 1 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 2 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 3 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 4 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 5 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 6 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 7 (2018) (rated 15+)

The Unexpected 8 (2018) (rated 15+)

:house_of_horror: Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts on what you have read! :house_of_horror:

A few new horror comics are hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

:house_of_horror: Released 7/20 :house_of_horror:

New to DCUI 7/20: please note these are subject to change

Random Poll:

Did you like Dark Knights: Metal?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Haven’t read it
0 voters

Have you checked out our Panel-A-Day topic? Have you seen any horrific panels that you want to share with us? This is the place to do so!

4 Likes

This was an interesting series that I had never heard of before. Nice to see Hawkman in here. It was an interesting twist to end things with Mandrak. I enjoyed this more than I usually do with the Dark Universe involved.

2 Likes

Never read it? I’m on it…🏃🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

I noticed he was in this as I was selecting this series!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Very happy we are able to keep you on your toes as we continue to find books you haven’t already read!

2 Likes

For sure…I’m on Green Lantern clean up duty right now. But, I’ll get to these asap!!!

2 Likes

I am enjoying all the new characters. I’m fairly certain that they are new. Bad Samaritan is a great new villain. I want that hat!

Firebrand seems pretty cool, she is a healer who is forced to be a bruiser. I love the hot rod style intakes she has on her shoulders, such a cool design.

Neon seems pretty cool, he has like a magic thing going for him.

3 Likes

Why does Macho Man Randy Savage always have to be the villain?

I can’t help myself, this is one of the best wrestling promos in the history of wrestling from one of the best wrestlers that ever wrestled.

3 Likes

That is funny! I like how he keeps pulling tubs of creamer out of nowhere. Macho man is awesome

3 Likes

He really is. I have the Macho Man Collector’s Edition DVD set with like 4 or 6 discs in it. It has every important match that he has ever been and if you watch enough of his matches you realize that he can make anyone look good, even Ultimate Warrior.

3 Likes
  • I dug The Unexpected. Then again, I really enjoyed all of the New Age of Heroes titles (especially The Immortal Men and The Terrifics).

• Death Metal was fun. A bit long in the tooth, but the Lobo tie-in was the best book of the whole affair.

4 Likes

I was super excited about the new age of heroes when it was announced. I enjoyed the couple issues issues I read. I’d like to revisit it myself.

4 Likes

Someone might be covering The Terrifics later in the year…:wink:

4 Likes

I will be sure to join when Harley’s Crew is covering The Terrifics! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

You saw the issues where Harley leads the team? Blast! The secret is out! :joy:

3 Likes

One of the characters from the original Challengers of the Unkown, June Robbins showed up. I started reading the original series a long time back. Add that to the list of stuff to read.

3 Likes

Let me know when you do.

4 Likes

You’ll know. You’ll know. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve got a Challengers of the Unknown reading order. I think I posted it on here when it was bare bones long time ago. Loeb & Sale have the best run imho…it’s amazing!!! June rules!!

3 Likes

I have to say Onimar Synn has to be one of the more boring villains I’ve ever seen. (mocking tone)“Oh, I’ve lived for 100,000 years, I’m going to steal the souls of anyone who works for me. Give me more nth metal so I can continue with my worthless existence.”

2 Likes

The Unexpected is not really what I was expecting. I really had no idea what to expect but it wasn’t this story. I enjoyed it and really dug the off-balance mixture of superhero comics and horror-lite.

Yeah, his whole thing received one of these from me:

Mandrakk was kind of cool, that whole being a god/vampire thing.

I would like to see more of Neon. He seems like a character that has legs and his adventures could be a lot of fun. Outside of appearing in The Unexpected, he has shown up Dark Knights: Metal 6, and his first appearance was in Supergirl 20.

3 Likes