House of Horror 26 - National Comics

Eww rotten cabbage, I yield.

1 Like

some of it would definitely be HoH. It’s beautifully done, both in story and art. Only three down issues near the end where it weirdly turns into an anthology before reverting to form.

Also, daughter heard me laughing at computer and came to check on me (there’s always the possibility her dad has completely lost his mind) explained the Miller discussion and she said “that’s the only way Miller knows how to write women” Gen Z has spoken!

3 Likes

Haha Gen Z think they are sooo cool. Just because I came of age when the internet became mainstream doesn’t mean that we created the internet. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes same here. Her & le Fey sisters & the whole magical kingdom deal is such a great origin tale. That entire comic is one big origin story really…?

2 Likes

I don’t wanna overhype it but it should be on every list lol. It’s a must read & that’s the 1st X I’ve ever said that on here about a comic.

2 Likes

And, the entire series reads very quickly

2 Likes

I’m very easy to overhype.

2 Likes

Good b/c I have a tendency to love all things DC. I literally like every comic I read. I see it as a blessing. But if I’m suggesting a read to someone? I won’t recommend anything that shouldn’t be universally loved by DC fans.

2 Likes

I think Miller has a place and is an interesting read in a historical context. His Batman art often looks like scribbles.

I will say his Daredevil is worth is a read along with Sin City.

1 Like