House of Horror 25 - School's Out For Summer!

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

As usual, we have a lot planned for the inhabitants of the House of Horror. First, please give a big welcome to our members @Patter, @TurtleMan, @vox.mortis, and @maria.jimerson88.17368!!! Please enjoy your stay but be wary of some of the textbooks. They have irreversible spells in them and I don’t think anyone wants to be a shoe for the rest of eternity.

:st_swamp_thing: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is!:st_swamp_thing2:

EVERY HOUSE OF HORROR...EVER!!!!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish ?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors
House of Horror 24 - Going To Gotham!

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

Can you believe we have made it to the 25th House of Horror?!?!?! Time really does fly when you are being frightened. We have gone off the beaten path and we have explored the depths of the Louisiana swamps. What we haven’t done is go to school. Sure, school is about to let out for the year but what a year it was! If there are any graduates in the House of Horror let me offer congratulations to you all. Now, how about we all get back to school with Mystik U! One night I was chatting with @capo-manger about horror stories that featured Zatanna and this one came up. When it came time to plan for this month, this story was thrown out into the conversation, and both @LaserPuff and I agreed now would be a great time to feature Mystik U! Fun fact! This is the second week in a row that we will see Frankenstein in the weekly topic!

You might want to keep your eyes peeled in your DM box for some EVISULCXE House of Horror goodies that I cooked up for everyone!

:house_of_horror: Books to read :house_of_horror:
Mystik U 1 (2017) (rated 15+)

Mystik U 2 (2017) (rated 15+)

Mystik U 3 (2017) (rated 15+)

Don’t forget to share your thoughts after you read the books!!!

A few new horror comics are hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 5/18

(Justice League Dark!!!)

Did you check the newest addition to the House of Horror? The floors are a bit creaky but I promise they are sturdy. @LaserPuff has taken the helm of the Fresh Frights and I have been enjoying the fresh comics featured! What is Fresh Frights, you ask? These are only the freshest horror jams on DCUI!!! While we might be checking these books out at a later time, I know many of you Horror Hounds are sure to be flipping the digital pages of these books before we get to them as a club!

New to DCUI on 5/18

Random Poll!

What new horror comics are you excited for the most
  • The Conjuring: The Lover
  • Nice House On The Lake
0 voters

Are you following along with the countdown for DC Horror and the new Black Label horror book with us?

3 Likes

Using magic to alter reality and time to avoid losing to a big bad guy. What could go wrong?

4 Likes

Sisterhood! Sisterhood! Yeah! Sororities are the best. Zatanna should totally join.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of bad kissers but Faust is the worst.

3 Likes

Loved Mystik U. It was a lot of fun. Has all the fun of College but with magic. There are so many magic users I was not aware of, Mr. E, Dr. Occult, etc. Cain and Abel are in it too. There is a teen age version of Faust, Sargon, Enchantress and June Moon etc.

The story was well paced, I didn’t feel like I was being rushed through. The artwork was incredible. Like I said I didn’t know all the characters but they all had their own voices and I want to learn more about them.

Favorite quote:
I would have known if you were lying.
You forget how easy it is… to lie to yourself.

I would love to read more.

3 Likes

If you were to accidentally get transformed into an animal in a spell gone wrong which would it be?

4 Likes

:penguin: The Penguin.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’d probably end up being a platypus.

2 Likes

A platypus? …PERRY the Platypus!

2 Likes

Just finished Mystik U and I really enjoyed this story. It took a few moments for me to get into it but once I did I was all in! I am a fan team comics that aren’t exactly team comics. Like, sure they become a team throughout the story but there is a definitely a slice of life vibe of trying to fit in. Anyways, the meat of the story was great and I am a fan of Plop. It was great to see him grow into a full character. Of course, Zatanna had her own highlights. Does anyone know her story is continued elsewhere? The last pages were a building up to a possible new series or a sequel, at leas that is the vibe I got.

1 Like

I feel like the slice of life parts really made the story. It takes me back to that part of life, trying to figure out what my place is in the world and what I want out of life outside your family.

Plop has a really great story arc. Goes from being a terrifying blob to becoming a member of the clique. The best part was when it tried on clothes to feel more human.

It definitely felt like it was set up for a sequel.

1 Like

@capo-manger do you know if Zatanna’s Mystik U story was continued elsewhere?

2 Likes

Looks like Mystik U died on the vine.

I went down kind of a rabbit hole on this but I was looking up books by the same author, Alisa Kwitney to see what else she did. Then I found her home page, It looks like she was an editor on a lot of the Sandman comics and a bunch of other stuff. She is actually starting, “Endless: A Sandman Podcast”, starting on June 29th. Looks like they are going to be talking about the old comics and the Netflix show that was announced for this year.

1 Like

I had hopes that maybe someone else picked up the story?

1 Like

I’m sorry CLE. I just got back in today I’ve been ill. Looks like you got your answer tho. Sorry, I never get sick & I wasn’t really anything I could define. Just a bunch of symptoms but no fever, nausea etc. I’ve said this a few times but I haven’t had the flu, or even a cold or a headache since I was a little kid. Just posted that like 3 weeks ago & than got sick for the 1st time in probably 35+year, unreal.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

2 Likes

:+1: appreciate it!!!

1 Like

First rule in Never-get-sick-club. Don’t talk about never-get-sick-club.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: you’re absolutely right. Should’ve, scratch that. I did know better. But I had to let the world know how cool my immune system was. Just asking for it…

2 Likes