House of Horror 24 - Going to Gotham!

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

I hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather and the plentiful comic library on DCUI! Personally, I plan on downloading some books for a future park outing. Please give a warm House of Horror welcome to everyone’s favorite Gipperfan @Lincolnfan78 and DCUI’s own :00_swamp_thing: @Alec.Holland. Please make yourselves comfortable but ignore the mess. Apparently, monsters aren’t the cleanest of creatures.

:st_swamp_thing: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is!:st_swamp_thing2:

Every House of Horror...EVER!!!!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2
House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3
House of Horror 18 - Justice League Horrors Week 4
House of Romance 19 - Are Romance Comics Foolish ?
House of Horror 20 - Vampires 2
House of Horror 21 - The Green Part 1
House of Horror 22 - The Green Part 2
House of Horror 23 - Superfamily Horrors

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

We have a big week ahead of us. First, we are going to read issues 1-6 of Gotham City Monsters. If you are looking for more stories in the grimy city of Gotham, look no further! This is perfect for newcomers to the city that Wayne built as well as diehard Gotham fans!

Second, there are some digital goodies EXCLUSIVE to House of Horror members!!! (Hint, it might involve :00_batwoman: ) If the link does not work for you, you have to join House of Horror and the link will work!

:house_of_horror: Books To Read :house_of_horror:

Gotham City Monsters 1 (2019) (rated 15+)

Gotham City Monsters 2 (2019) (rated 15+)

Gotham City Mosters 3 (2019) (rated 15+)

Gotham City Monsters 4 (2019) (rated 15+)

Gotham City Monsters 5 (2019) (rated 15+)

Gotham City Monsters 6 (2019) (rated 15+)

After you read the books, make sure to tell us your thoughts!!!

A few new horror comics are hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 5/11

Did you check the newest addition to the House of Horror? The floors are a bit creaky but I promise they are sturdy. @LaserPuff has taken the helm of the Fresh Frights and I am excited to dive in this weekend! What is Fresh Frights, you ask? These are only the freshest horror jams on DCUI!!! While we might be checking these books out at a later time, I know many of you Horror Hounds are sure to be flipping the digital pages of these books before we get to them as a club!

New to DCUI on 5/11

Random poll!

Who is the scariest Gotham City regular?
  • Killer Croc
  • Clayface

0 voters

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! :st_swamp_thing2:

4 Likes

Thanks for joining!!!

3 Likes

Who is the scariest Gotham City regular?

I got to give that to Killer Croc.

The Harley Quinn Show really took away the scary aspect for me for Clayface :joy:

Even in Harley Quinn Killer Croc still looks like no one to mess with :fearful:

4 Likes

I agree. I remember being a kid and was sort of scared of Clayface but then his appearance on Harley and then his story arc in the Batfamily kind of ruined it for me. To be honest, I started the poll and my mind went blank and couldn’t think of anything else.

4 Likes

Oooh, perfect! I can’t wait to check out the new Sweet Tooth! :books: :coffee:

4 Likes

The one regular character that scares me the most is Mr. Zsasz. That kind of criminal is too real for me.

4 Likes

You know, there is something to be said about horror that is “too real” or in this case characters. Being a big horror movie fan, the supernatural horror stuff never really does it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love those movies as much as the next person, well maybe not as much as one of my friends. The home invasion movies were the ones that always got to me. There is a reality to it that I don’t want to think about. However, I love those movies because they actually do affect me.

3 Likes

Finished Gotham City Monsters last night and have been itching to talk about it. Mamoth is one talented dude. He got monkeys, zombies, and vampires to do his bidding from beyond the grave. That is some charisma.

I love an unlikely team-up. Frankenstein, I Vampire, Lady Clayface, Red Phantom, Killer Croc, Orca, and Batwoman. What a cast of characters.

I have to say the Andrew Bennet has serious patience with Frankenstein, I mean who gets cut in half and still hangs out with the guy.

3 Likes

Just finished reading Gotham City Monsters. I liked it but it felt like an out of place Justice League Dark story. The characters were excellent and I want to see more of Lady Clayface. There were moments when everything seemed rushed. That leads to my biggest complaint which is that I want more, which isn’t too bad of a complaint.

I was very happy to see Andrew Bennett again and to see him working with Frankenstein was a lot of fun. Batwoman seemed like a last minute addition to the story but she fit in with the team by the end of the story.

1 Like

Lady Clayface is cool, I like some derivative characters unfortunately they tend not be get the appreciation they deserve.

That is the problem with these short series, they are great ideas but they are essentially testing grounds for new concepts. Unless it explodes then we usually won’t see it again.

I really enjoyed the team-up. So many great moments in this series.

1 Like