House of Horror 18 - Just League Horrors Week 4 (Witching War)

Reading this directly after Witching Hour flowed perfectly. I know we didn’t read the 10 issues in between Witching Hour and Witching War but I can’t say that I was confused or feel like I missed anything.

Witching Hour is a huge summer blockbuster where Witching War felt more like a movie from A24. There are a lot of moving pieces and even more characters. Circe has gone full mad and assembles an Injustice League Dark…okay maybe there are too many DC properties floating around out there. Meanwhile, Justice League Dark is worrying about what is happening the world of magic. The overall cast of characters expands and that is for the better. Sadly, we don’t get to see too much of the Injustice League Dark as Circe is doing what Circe do. There was also a moment that reminded of JLA: Scary Monsters. Thankfully, it was one of the better aspects of that miniseries. Wonder Woman becoming the bad guy, even for a moment, is always worth read in my opinion.

One thing is for certain, the art in these books is dark and beautiful.

This also shows how JLD ties into the bigger Justice League story being told in Justice League: No Heroes, Justice League, and Justice League Odessey.

If you are in the DC Book Club you have surely noticed this symbol that was in The Totality.

While Witching War might not be as good as Witching Hour, I can’t hold that against this story. In my opinion, there aren’t many stories that even come close to Witching Hour in the past 5 years. There is a lot to take in and finally closure to Witching Hour!

What are your thoughts on this story?