House of Horror 17 - Justice League Horrors Week 3 (Witching Hour)

At the time of writing this, The Snyder Cut is hours away from being released!!! That also means this is the 3rd of our 4-week exploration of Justice League horror stories. With that said, the number of books each week will lessen but there was a lot of story for each of these looks at the Justice League that I didn’t want us to miss out on.

Before I get to the books this week I would like to welcome @jajohnson24.77546 to the House of Horror. I hope you have a great time as we explore the darker side of the DC comic universe!

:st_swamp_thing2: If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :st_swamp_thing:

Every House of Horror EVER!!!!!

House of Horror 1 - House of Mystery
House of Horror 2
House of Horror 3 - Renegade Robins Crossover!!!
House of Horror 4 - Harley’s Crew Crossover!!!
House of Horror 5 - Halloween Celebration!
House of Horror 6 - Vampires!
House of Horror 7 - Member Picks Vol. 1
House of Horror 8 - Winter Specials - Harley’s Crew Crossover
House of Horror 9 - Happy Holidays!
House of Horror 10 - Happy New Year!
House of Horror 11- Week Before DC Universe Infinite!
House of Horror 12 - Plunging Into The Infinite
House of Horror 13 - A Frightening Valentine
House of Horror 14 - On Marz No One Can Hear You Scream
House of Horror 15 - Justice League Horrors Week 1
House of Horror 16 - Justice League Horrors Week 2

If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here !
If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here !

This week we will be reading the Justice League Dark/Wonder Woman crossover The Witching Hour!

DC Universe Infinite even has a nifty storyline page for The Witching Hour!!!
However, the comics are not in order. Have no fear, the order is listed in the image above and I will also link the comics in the reading order below.

Wonder Woman and Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour 1 (2018) (rated 12+)

Wonder Woman 56 (2016) (rated 12+)

Justice League Dark 4 (2018) (rated 15+)

Wonder Woman 57 (2016) (rated 12+)

Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour 1 (2018) (rated 12+)

Storyline Link: Wonder Woman and Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour

Personally, I will be re-reading this story arc via my trade paperback.

If are you in the mood for more Justice League make sure to check out Justice League Book Club where they are reading Justice League: No Justice! If you are in the mood for even more Justice League, check out the DC Book Club where they are continuing the story from No Justice with Scott Snyder’s Justice League: The Totality.

There are a few new horror comics hitting comic store shelves this week! We might not be reading the books right away and some of them might even be discussed in other clubs upon release. Think of this as a preview of what might be lurking in the dark corners of House of Horror.

Released 3/23
Once again there are no horror comics being released by DC.

(Small note, there was a Justice League Dark story in Justice League 59 released on 3/16 that I completely forgot about)

6 Likes

Very tempted to re-read this crossover. I’ll have to think about it.

It looks like Elvira needs the Heimlich. I volunteer as tribute.

3 Likes

I read this one not too long ago but I really enjoyed it and figured it would end up in the House of Horror at some point anyway.

2 Likes

I liked The Witching Hour when it came out. I confess, I remember precisely nothing from it offhand, so a re-read would be a nice refresher. Maybe while watching magic-themed episodes of JLU and/or Justice League Action as well? Maybe…:thinking:

2 Likes

Is this streaming anywhere?

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware, but all of the shorts are on the Cartoon Network app.

I gather the series will be on HBO Max at some point, if nothing more than to keep awareness of Justice League high after the Snyder Cut debuts and has been out for a bit. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Perfect timing! I was just going to go back through this… :dancer:t2:

Also

Lol Thank you @Vroom.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. :supergirl_cw:

SN: I don’t even like The Hunger Games, but I do enjoy using that line when apropos.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for the movie mother! I would have never seen Hunger Games. I still need to finish the series but I do love JLaw. I think the perfect movie would have Cassandra Peterson, Sandra Bullock, and Jennifer Lawerence. If this were to happen I would break my personal covid protocols and see it in theaters tomorrow.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to read your thoughts!!!

1 Like

I love Cassandra Peterson, like Sandra Bullock and…well, J-Law can continue to march to her own drum.

2 Likes

I will need to find the pics of my Elvira collection for ya. I got one of those old Coors Light standing things of her that was often seen in gas stations in the early 90s.

2 Likes

is sufficiently intrigued and looks forward to those pictures

I’ve said this before, but my mom knew Cassandra in high school. They were friends, but parted after graduation due to differing colleges and so on.

2 Likes

I imagine that she is almost as nice as Dolly Parton. Seriously, no one is nicer than Dolly Parton. Dean Cain came pretty close when he gave us the choice to Believe It or Not.

1 Like

I have been able to get it on Hulu TV.

3 Likes

I look forward to reading this. I was intrigued to read it when I saw the cover back when I was going to comic book stores. Seeing an evil/possessed wonder woman looked pretty cool. Hope it turns out that way. I enjoyed New 52 Justice League Dark, I’m sure I’ll enjoy this version.

2 Likes

Justice League Action was on Hulu, but it left a few months ago, last I knew.

@D4RK5TARZ You know what Elvira and Dolly Parton have in common, yeah? That’s right, they’re both big talents. They were also in fun '80s movies.

3 Likes

They are both great singers with extravagant stage shows.

2 Likes

Exactly, they’re big talents.

I haven’t seen anything of Elvira’s stage show. That must be fun. I have 9 to 5 stuck in my mind now and, being the end of the work week, I’m okay with that.

2 Likes

You should do a YouTube search for Elvira Knott’s Farms she did a Halloween show for like 2 decades there so something will pop up.

As for my collection here are pictures I posted all the way back in HoH 1.

I also have some nifty Kindle books that I haven’t read yet because comics keep getting in the way.

3 Likes