House of El Fanatic: Superboy's sacrifice theory...

I’m a big Superman fan ever since I was first introduced to Superheroes with The 1970s Superman the movie(Christopher Reeves/Richard Donner) he introduced me to the entire world of the genre, I’ve watched and read pretty much every generation. As a kid I was first introduced to Superboy with the Cartoons of a young Clark Kent and the TV show the adventures of Superboy(that rarely anyone remembers) but I loved it because it was Clark in college. Then came the death of Superman saga, and Superboy(Kon-el) was introduced and I immediately thought this was the coolest character I’ve ever seen! He wasn’t the same person at all but he felt as though he had the potential to grow into the idea of being Superman in the future, his powers weren’t as strong but he was stronger then most other teen heroes around his age. Over the years I’ve pretty much followed the entire history of those characters and Superboy had grown into one of my favorite characters, top 5 actually, Kon-el started to eventually get older take on both family names El/Kent, his personality grew and matured, eventually he would admire and want to be just like his idol Superman even knowing he had Luthor’s genes too. He eventually wanted to be like Superman so bad that he sacrifices himself to save the multiverse. Eventually when the new 52 rebooted so did Superboy again, this time I liked this version but he wasn’t my favorite they took Alot of the emotional elements from him but he was literally learning life on the fly. Yet still as be grew he eventually did basically the same and wanting to be a hero like his predecessor he makes a sacrifice to save the universe. Now to my theory, I’m a huge fan of the Young Justice series, and I actually love that iteration of Superboy top 2 favorite characters on the show, he has grown each season as well from being an angry kid who feels neglected to having this sibling relationship with Superman. He has matured and has become a calm and cool headed emotional anchor to others. He has even got engaged and with Superman off world really wants to step up and be the guy they can depend on, with that being said I think at the end of this season he’s going to sacrifice himself to save the world/universe. They have introduced baby Jon the newest iteration of Superboy in the comics. The show has shown great strength in giving a character a legacy to live up or down to. And him sacrificing himself would give the show more depth and that emotional weight it has maintained through each season. The show follows its own beat but it does make lil nods to the comics. Again it’s just a theory but I’d love to hear what you all think…

How interesting! I could totally see that happening… Now, I feel like I won’t be able to watch the rest of Season 3 without looking for more clues to support that theory! Haha

And with you being such a huge Superman fan, you might be interested in checking out last week’s “Behind the Mask: Superman Edition” thread.

We would love to hear your thoughts on some of the questions posed and commentary!

https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/betaparticipants/behind-the-mask-supe-lb6

(You can find this thread in the General section!)