House of Crime 58 - The Kitchen

This is a possibility. I will have to figure out my schedule and get back to you. The hours I work make it kind of hard to set up anything.

4 Likes

Also, is The Kitchen on HBOMax? I have it in my Vudu library, and to be honest, I hardly go to HBOMax for DC Content because I have so much I own that I am catching up on.

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be on HBO.

Looks like it is a rental on Amazon, Microsoft or Google Play, iTunes.

5 Likes

I am not sure if I would want to do a Watch Party for a movie that people would have to rent or purchase before hand. If it was on a subscription service I would be more open for that.

5 Likes

As General Zod so famously once said “Heresy!”

:wink:

4 Likes

Why would I need to?

(I need to add my newest acquisitions - Super Friends!)

4 Likes

A few choice reasons:

• Justice is Gray edition of the Snyder Cut
  • Lois & Clark in HD
  • Super Friends in HD
  • the original shows (Harley Quinn and Peacemaker, which is in 4K, alone make it worthwhile)

All of their combined DC content takes up 0 shelf space, which allows room for trades, toys and what have you (and this is coming from a guy who used to have a very large, multi-format, physical home video collection, DC and otherwise).

3 Likes

I do watch certain DC things on HBO. My collection is all digital on Vudu, you can click the link that I have provided above to see why I would say that. Minus Justice League and Peacemaker, at this point in time, there isn’t much reason for me to frequent it. I also don’t have to worry about movies rotating out with Vudu.

3 Likes

Vudu is schway.

At least they were, back when Walmart owned them.

I haven’t bought anything from them since the Fandango acquisition.

Nothing against Fandango. I’ve just chosen to buy and rent from elsewhere.

3 Likes

It’s the same just different owners. They are slowly changing to make a point if a movie is on sale at an “first time” low price which is also nice.

3 Likes

Say, can you use a Fandango gift card on Vudu?

Been wondering that, but I keep forgetting to look into it.

3 Likes

I think so? It is technically Fandango.

3 Likes

I would think they’d work.

Just asking for when my Santas ask about gift cards I’d like for this Christmas.

3 Likes

Here is an answer!

3 Likes

taps link with rampant enthusiasm, then reads The Stuff

I figured Fandango cards would work, but thanks for the confirmation, Ace. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

Just saw this & idk there was a movie? lol. The comic was great tho. I think I might reread & watch it. I remember it now that I’m looking at it. But, idk it was a comic, let alone DC/ Vertigo title at the time. The movie that is. The comic was great & it does double perfectly as a screenplay.

4 Likes

This was a fun read! I liked the colors, the art captured the 70s vibe pretty perfectly. I liked that it was a kind of fresh take on the mob genre. I wish the last issue didn’t feel so rushed, but outside of that I loved it.

For people who have watched the movie - is it a comedy? I was kind of shocked to see the cast because this comic didn’t really have much humor and those are some funny ladies. I can see how they could turn it into a comedy, but I am intrigued still…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say so. There might be funny moments but there were also moments that I found funny in the book.

You might have something here. It felt like they could have expanded on the story for just a tad longer. Then again, I could see why they wouldn’t do that.

4 Likes

I watched a documentary on Hulu last night called “For Madmen Only”. About Del Close. He invented improv comedy. Mentored anyone u can think of. Belushi, Ackroyd, Murray, Farley, Fey. He directed 2nd city starting with the 1st cast of SNL. But, the majority of the story focused on Wasteland, & his relationship with Gold & Ostrander. All the storylines were either true, or based on truth. So the crazy extreme stuff is just them (Gold & Ostrander) putting a comic-spin on his stories. Or, they actually happened as told. They showed all kinds of pics of people in the comics that were real people (most famous) in his life/stories. Can’t wait to read it with a new perspective!!!

4 Likes

Now that is pretty cool. I have been so wrapped up in reading Strangers of Paradise, I haven’t really watched tv and literally the only comics I have read since last Thursday have been written by Terry Moore. I think I can finish everything by this weekend and then I can get back on my normally scheduled reading and tv watching.

3 Likes