Hot takes on the single best quote in the DCU..

From Krypton: “I just needed to fool your big green twelve-level intellect ass.”

“Cant I just keep pretending I’m your son?”

“You ARE my son”

3 Likes

“No thanks. I never drink when I fly.”

1 Like

“I like pink very much Lois.”

4 Likes

“Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear until my dream of a world where dignity, honour and justice becomes the reality we all share, I’ll never stop fighting. Ever”
Superman, Action Comics 775.

4 Likes

“There’s a right and there’s a wrong in the universe, and the distinction between the two is not that difficult to make.”

-Superman, in Elliot S! Maggin’s Last Son of Krypton (and borrowed by Mark Waid for Kingdom Come).

3 Likes

“Now Doomsday gets HIS!”

-Superman; Superman v2 #75.

3 Likes

From Watchmen

Rorschach: I’m not locked in here with you. You’re locked in here with me!

6 Likes

One I think about all the time is from the final issue of Stephanie Brown’s run as Batgirl:

“It’s only the end if you want it to be.”

3 Likes

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? "

You already know.

5 Likes

Another possibility:

“Think of it, Batman. To never again walk on a summer’s day, with a hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh, yes. I’d kill for that.”

2 Likes

“I dislike crime” - Batman in Batman the brave and the bold

“Smells like discipline”- Batman when referencing Harley Quinn’s fart in Batman and Harley Quinn

2 Likes

Nix Uotan, at the end of Final Crisis, when asked what wish Superman made using the Miracle Machine:

“He’s Superman. He only wished for the best for all of us…he wished for a happy ending…”

1 Like