Horrible Opinion

I think Swamp Thing is just okay so far. The effects are good, the cinematography is good, but the writing… feels kind of mediocre. I wonder if more people would be saying this if we didn’t have confirmation that there’s currently no place for a second season.

Btw no insult to the cast and crew they’re great so far and you can tell that they put a lot of effort into this show.

Anybody else have any horrible opinions?

4 Likes

I meant plans, not place

1 Like

Oh no I didn’t read the new thread someone made congratulating the people who worked on Swamp Thing and this looks like a response to that. It’s not. Just bad luck with timing.

1 Like

Also this isn’t trying to defend the cancellation or anything. Just giving my thoughts

1 Like

I totally know what you are saying, it’s pretty great so far but people are acting like it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. The acting and effects and over all film aspects are great but the story has sort of meandered so far. I mean I appreciate a slow burn as much as the next film nerd but come on pick up the pace.

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts, but I hate the Golden Girls. The characters, the snappy comebacks, the hair, clothes, even the flipping theme song. I will not stay in the same room if someone has it on the tv.o

2 Likes

@RagdollRebel Yeah, so far it’s been moving slowly. Which isn’t always bad, but in this case there also hasn’t been many major character developments. What really sells me on shows are the characters. That’s why I liked Doom Patrol. The first episode sold me on them; characters were compelling. We’re already a few episodes into Swamp Thing, and the most I can say about any of the characters is that they’re intriguing. And intriguing, while not bad, is not the same as compelling.

1 Like

@msgtv You monster

3 Likes

Yeah I really wish the narrative was more from Alec/Swampys perspective. Again nothing wrong with the characters or an ensemble cast but I feel like a show called Swamp Thing should have more than 3 or 4 scenes featuring The title Character. So far the structure of the episodes are similar to the old incredible hulk show, spend 30 or 40 minutes setting up a problem Swamp thing shows up in the last 10 minutes and punches the problem.

1 Like

@msgtv is right! The Golden Palace is way better lol

1 Like

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a better book than The Sound and the Fury.

2 Likes

Grant Morrison is overrated.

5 Likes

Judge Dredd is Stallone’s best movie

2 Likes

There’s not a single likable character on Sex and the City

3 Likes

There’s not a single likable character on Sex and the City

1 Like

Babies are idiots

3 Likes

@Batwing52 Ah, I see you’re another person of refined taste, like myself.

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion That’s true

1 Like

The DC universe is a much better place with Wally West gone, dead, and hopefully never to come back.

1 Like

Batman should never get happiness and fulfillment. Not even love

1 Like