Hollywoodland

Before he play Batman, Ben Affleck played George Reeve, mostly about his tragic death. I know Warner Brothers and DC comic is not part of this film, since the movie show behind the scene of The Adventures of Superman, would this movie be part of DC Universe someday? Too bad I Love Lucy episode Lucy and Superman can’t be on DC Universe since the show belong to Paramount!

1 Like

It also has Diane “Martha Kent” Lane playing his secret lover, Toni Mannix. Bruce and Ma Kent getting down…

1 Like

That movie was seen as a bomb but I actually liked it a lot. Highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t know the mystery surrounding the life of George Reeves.

2 Likes

Good flick, saw it when it came out.

I think Hollywoodland is owned by Focus Features. If WB wanted it on here, they’d have to get a license from FF (or whoever does own it if it’s not them) for play here.

3 Likes

Hollywoodland was a very good film with fine acting and direction. It was an even better period piece as it firmly captured Hollywood of the 1950’s. Adrien Brody’s performance was stand-out quality. And the film’s ambiguous ending mirrored the excellent book it was base on(Hollywood Kryptonite).

2 Likes