Hitman (the Character, Not Just Any Mercenary) Appreciation Thread

Hitman hits men not women!!! duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh Hitman hit men not women!!!

theme songs!

Who would win
  • Tommy Monaghan
  • Ringo Chen

0 voters

I should reread Hitman

1 Like

I always had a question I wanted to ask you.

Who win in a fight

• Kevin Hawkins (Kev)
  • Thomas Monaghan (Hitman)
0 voters

1 Like

For bias and just genuine beliefs. Tommy is much more skilled, much more tactical, and prepared to do whatever it takes to win.

1 Like

Then I choose Hitman. Although I honestly see it being a similar battle to like Peacemaker and Bloodsport. It could totally go either way.

1 Like

It just hit me how similar these two are! Both have an intense fear of tigers, both are hitmen, both were created by Garth Ennis, both have had a solo series, both have fought in revolutionary wars…

1 Like

Bumping this thread

2 Likes

Hitman is most definitely in my Top 5 Comic Book Series of all time.

I loved it from beginning to end, and it even got me to read Ennis’ The Demon, which retroactively serves as a ‘prequel’ to Hitman.

(I hate using the term prequel wrong which I just did since The Demon series actually came first. But realistically I bet more people have read those issues BECAUSE they read Hitman and wanted more)

Also it’s kinda heartwarming that Ennis’ last two Hitman storylines (“Closing Time” and “JLA/Hitman”) dealt with the ramifications and aftermath of the Bloodlines event.

Ennis, I believe, hates huge line wide crossovers and actually talked sh about them within the pages of Hitman. Not to mention “Herogasm” from The Boys comic which is basically a big middle finger to line wide crossovers.

And yet the greatest character he’s ever created (imo) came as a result of the disastrous Bloodlines crossover. So it was kinda cool that he used the last two storylines he had as a kind of closure to both Hitman and Bloodlines.

The 60 and One Million issue run is absolutely hilarious and surprisingly has some of the most “heart” I’ve ever experienced in a comic.

The relationships between Tommy and his friends felt real. Their little corner of Gotham felt like a lived in place. Probably my favorite depiction of Gotham and its citizens/police/mobsters to be frank. And that’s saying a lot considering what a huge Bat fan I am.

And I’ll never, ever forget The Cat Signal

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

3 Likes

That time Tommy and Natt used an obese civilian as cover. Ruthless.

2 Likes

Oh my god I forgot about that!!!

2 Likes

I loved it every time McCrea would draw a hamburger or a fountain drink cup outrageously huge.

This was before the documentary “Super Size Me” came out, I believe, and it was just so on point.

Btw I got some chubs on me so don’t think I’m disrespecting overweight people. I mean, I am, but I’m also talking sh to myself lol

2 Likes

Or when Natt ate the giant space burger lol

2 Likes

Who can forget Gotham’s greatest vigilante…Nightfist!!!

2 Likes

Oh my god, I wish we could’ve seen Nightfist and Snowflame team up!

Y’know before Tommy killed Nightfist

2 Likes

Tommy chillin’ in the Mesozoic Era

2 Likes

When you read Tommy whose voice do you use? For me, he sounds like Niall “Cryburger”

4 Likes

I definitely read comics and add my own ‘voice, tone, and inflection’ on characters, but I’ve never thought about whose actual existing voice would sound like Tommy.

Great question, though! Sorry my answer sucks

4 Likes