Hitman (the Character, Not Just Any Mercenary) Appreciation Thread

A thread where people can discuss anything related to Hitman through polls, posts, and photos.

2 Likes

Can I just say, Hitman #36 was INSANELY AWESOME!

2 Likes

Love Hitman, especially JLA/Hitman, which is one of the best two-issue minis in modern DC history.

To paraphrase the tagline from a famous movie poster, with JLA/Hitman “You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll hurl.”.

Well, you won’t hurl or cry, but you’ll laugh a few times.

My favorite issue of Hitman is #34, which won an Eisner Award for Best Single Issue in 1999.

1 Like

hitman won an eisner award?

1 Like

That issue did. Superman was in it and the cover references Super Friends, so to not regale it with an Eisner would be an atrocity even Atrocitus would disagree with.

1 Like

true! i gotta say though, I loved that comic but the artist drew superman terribly IMO

1 Like

Yeah, McCrea’s Superman won’t be sharing the stage with the Curt Swan iteration anytime soon.

1 Like

lol.

1 Like

As someone who was low key a fan of the Bloodlines crossover, I was happy someone did good and justified that it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

Will admit I didn’t read a whole lot of Hitman comics, but the ones I read I did enjoy.

2 Likes

Did you guys like Hitman’s sister (Frances)?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

I thought she was kinda inconsiderate and insensitive to Tommy’s life, just barging into his life like that. She ruined some of his relationships with some of his friends, and put him in danger even though she never met him.

1 Like
Who is the best Hitman villain?
  • Mawzir
  • Waterman
  • GCPD corrupt cops
  • Agent Truman
  • Darius (King of the Vampires)
  • Tom Dawson

0 voters

I think Darius could’ve had a shot if they didn’t kill him off so early

1 Like

Welcome to the community @dumb! I saw you’ve liked some posts on this thread. Have you read the Hitman series? If not, you should! It’s my favorite. If you need anything just ask me or any of the moderators on the forums!

@Vroom do you know any other Hitman fans on here?

1 Like

:thinking:

Not offhand, no. However, I’m sure more will come out of the woodwork as you expand your appreciation for Tommy Monaghan in this thread.

1 Like
Favorite Member of Section Eight
  • Sixpack
  • Dogweilder
  • Shakes
  • Defenestrator
  • Jean de Baton-Baton
  • Friendly Fire
  • Flemgem
  • Bueno Excellente

0 voters

1 Like

nards! we’ll have to spread the word lol (don’t actually post this anywhere else!)

1 Like

@DanTheManOne1 how many have you read?

Like 5 or 6 I think, did read Garth Enis Demon run so know him from that too. But don’t claim to know much about him.

1 Like