Historical DC Battle Trivia: Monday 5/17/21 Fan Vote

Monday’s on Warworld are for the fans!

The winner of last Friday’s poll was “Best Sidekick”.

This week I’m not to concerned on who would win in a fight but more on who is the better sidekick that complements their mentor. Now time to vote!

• Robin
  • Aqualad
  • Speedy
  • Donna Troy
  • Kid Flash
  • Batgirl
  • Kid Devil

0 voters

4 Likes

Batman needs a Robin…I don’t think that can be said of any of the other sidekicks

6 Likes

I picked Speedy because I think he (or in some cases she) works very well with the Green Arrow. He/She helps a lot with Oliver’s personal life and takes risks for Green Arrow constantly – most of the time the risks he/she takes goes beyond just crime-fighting. Also, besides just personal life, he/she also helps him on missions. He/She is not as impulsive and doesn’t die as often – which could also lessen grief on Green Arrow’s part.

4 Likes

i disagree with that. he spent decades working alone before Dick came into his life. Since then, he’s gone through so many Robins, I can’t even count them on one hand!

3 Likes

that sounded really aggressive but i didn’t mean it like that lol

3 Likes

Are you talking irl time or in comics time…because
irl Dick Graysons first appearance was in 1940 only a year after Batman
And in comics I’d say it’s probably on average about 10-15(although I could be wrong so please don’t quote me on it) at most before Dick shows up and that’s hardly decades…most of his time with out Robin is spent training and not actually being the Batman…Tim Drake became Robin because he understood Batman’s need for one

Edit: I didn’t find it agressive…also I hope you don’t find this agressive either…this is a really fun and interesting topic for me

5 Likes

i see where you’re coming from, I just don’t agree with it (i do know lots of people who agree with you though)

3 Likes

I love how we’re here debating about Robin, and then I scroll up to see Kid Flash is winning :joy:

4 Likes

It be that way sometimes :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Honestly, I picked Kid Devil purely because he is never in polls like this and he deserves more love. But as a sidekick, I don’t think he ever really worked with Blue Devil, right?

As for the answer to your question, I’d say Kid Flash. Even though their powers are the same they each use them differently. Barry looks at things scientifically while Wally tries to help as many people as he can. Two speedsters can do a whole lot more than one. Especially, when they work well together, just like Barry and Wally. (Even Wally and Bart fit this too)

4 Likes

Yeah I know he didn’t really work for Blue Devil but I had to include him cause he is a cool character that I feel gets forgotten. I had an issue of Teen Titans a few years ago and he was on the cover and I loved the design.

I agree with how well the speedsters work together I feel like normally they function really well in saving as many people as possible without getting in the way of the other.

4 Likes

You make some valid points I’ve always enjoyed his sidekicks.

3 Likes

Tim Drake finding out who Batman was and becoming Robin because he knew Batman needed one is one of my favorite arguments for Batman needing a Robin.

4 Likes

One year. Robin was introduced in 1940. Even in post-Crisis continuity, Dick arrived in Year Three.

5 Likes

i know

2 Likes

I say Robin. Although I might be a little biased.

5 Likes

Everyone is biased to their favorites nothing wrong with that!

5 Likes

Robin. I think Robin stands out from a historical perspective as well as how different he was from Batman. A lot of other sidekicks were more like mini-mes, at least in appearance. Robin also serves a specific purpose and provides a benefit to Batman that is different than many other junior partner roles.

Kid Flash is pretty much the opposite of all the positives I gave Robin. At first he even wore the Flash costume! Barry took Wally as a partner because Wally got powers, not because Flash needed a partner. Now, all that said, Wally is the most successful ‘assume the legacy mantle’ character I can think of, which gets Kid Flash mega bonus points and second place in my book.

Also, I have never viewed comic book Barbara Gordon, or really any Batgirl, as a sidekick.

7 Likes

BGNSK

This legendary DCU crimefighter and core BatFamily member is no one’s sidekick.

Batgirl-Barbara-Gordon

The only one in the cave who’s fulfilling that moniker currently is Damian.

7 Likes

Word. Never been a sidekick.

6 Likes