Hey DC Universe...PICK UP KRYPTON!!!

This post is directed to the mods, who can directly contact Warner Bros. with this news.

Krypton is loved by fans. The people who watch it (admittedly not many) absolutely love it, including me. The Season 2 finale set up so many interesting directions for upcoming seasons, and I would hate that this show will end on an unresolved cliffhanger Swamp Thing-style (the Floronic Man tease to be specific).

This is the kind of show that will get people to subscribe to this service. Add this to your arsenal, DC Universe! Perfect way to bring back some subscribers after the whole Swamp Thing debacle.

10 Likes

#saveKrypton

1 Like

I don’t know why a DC show went to Syfy in the first place. DC Universe makes all the sense!

2 Likes

@mae
If you read the article, yeah the show never got good live ratings and SyFy didn’t own it, so they never had a good enough stake to keep it. Most of the shows on SyFy don’t get great ratings. I think it was the wrong network to air this show.

3 Likes

It seems more appropriate for DC Universe to be home of Krypton. Also I would love them to create that Lobo series. In addition, make the series only 6-9 episodes so we can get more series green lit or renewed.

2 Likes

Save Krypton DCU!!

1 Like

Sounds like they’re in talks.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/krypton-canceled-after-two-seasons-spinoff-lobo-not-moving-forward-on-syfy-1202669840/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Hope they find a way to continue the show, after the Thanagar/Rann war cliffhanger the season ended on.

3 Likes

@yoyoyo this thread for you. Props to OP :clap:

1 Like

Yes please save krypton dc universe

2 Likes

Nooooooooo

Sorry for the news y’all. It’s sad to admit this, cause I bleed DC but I couldn’t get into it :pensive:. So, ratings were not great according to Deadline: “But Krypton’s ratings took a hit in Season 2, down about 50% in Live+Same Day. With series that come from outside studios — as was also the case with The Expanse — Syfy has to rely solely on linear ratings to monetize a series, which is difficult for expensive shows like Krypton and Expanse”. Plus it’s an expensive show to make. If I’m honest y’all, I would rather have DC Universe invest in a New Original Show/Animated series.

The show started out just okay, but the second half of season 1 through season 2 are great. The show is built for streaming.

4 Likes

Krypton wouldn’t be that expensive for the DCU or HBO Max to make, as they won’t have to pay licensing fees like SyFy did, they own the characters.

1 Like

Who even watches things live anymore? What are ratings?

1 Like

@Mae
Shows on TV networks still need to get live viewers because advertisers help pay for the production costs of the show. And TV ratings are measured by something called Nielsen. That company gives a really small group of people a box where it keeps track of what you watch. But the caveat of that is that if you’re chosen to use a Nielsen box, you must watch all your shows with commercials. Even though more people are streaming , there is still a large population who watches TV live.

1 Like

Don’t most people DVR things? If it’s a non-binge show I will usually wait until there are at least a few episodes so I can watch a bunch in a row. Streaming has really changed how I watch stuff. I normally never watch anything week to week.

I still watch most shows week to week, although will admit aside from Big Brother when it is on in the Summer, I almost never watch something live as it airs, always end up watching the next day or so.

1 Like

@Mae Sure, but if people aren’t watching live, then advertisers won’t pay for the shows= cancellation.

The Nielsen technology is extremely dated and archaic. It’s probably 35-40 year old technology and the TV networks haven’t adopted a better way to keep a better assessment of who’s watching their shows. So they still have to rely on this technology.

I get all that, but that was true decades ago, when you only had a few channels, no real way to watch things on your schedule, and not a huge choice of what to watch at a particular time. Now ratings make no sense. A new system needs to be created to gauge interest, maybe social media reactions or something. But if it’s all about ads then I don’t know. That’s why I stream or watch later, cause it’s either no ads or I can skip the ads.

Binging a TV show can be the kiss of death for said show. Advertisers still give more weight to live broadcasts, as you can’t fast forward through their commercials. If you watch an on demand replay with commercials, they do count it, but only for two or three weeks after the original broadcast date.

If you wait a month or so to watch a show, it’s to late the advertisers don’t count you. Binge all you want, but don’t be outraged when your show gets cancelled

1 Like