Heroes in Crisis: Who likes it?

Heroes in Crisis… I exclusively read comics through this app anymore. I know the gist of what happened in this book and that it got a ton of hate. Anyone actually a fan of it? I’ve read only the two issues on here and don’t hate it, honestly.

2 Likes

I haven’t read all of it yet, but at the VERY least, I like the idea of what it tries to do, which is realistically look at the flaws and emotional issues some of these characters, even the brightest and seemingly most perfect heroes could have. The problem, I think, comes from the fact that I would much rather read about that than I would the murder mystery aspect.

I’ve only read them in here, as well. I’m like you, I don’t hate it. Pretty good, really. The only criticism i would have so far is the issues are really quick reads. The storyline has me hooked, though, even though I know what happens.

I bought the physical copies of the comics when they were coming out and I enjoyed them. It’s definitely not your usual crossover, but I’m glad they address heroes having to deal with the crazy stuff they go through and we just take for granted because it’s entertaining. The resolution is a bit crazy on the first read, but also pretty appropriate if you think about it.

I’ve read the whole thing. I bought all of the issues because I am a huge Booster Gold fan obviously, but I also like Harley Quinn and OG Wally West a lot. Because of that, I was not really a fan of this crossover. I feel like it was unfocused for the most part. And Tom King does not understand who Booster Gold is at all. I feel like he watched a few episodes of Batman Brave and the Bold and Justice League Action, and took that to mean Booster’s whole character. It feels like years of Booster’s character development were washed away in the Batman “The Gift” storyline just to set up what was going to happen in this miniseries. I feel like if he took some time actually developing the leadup and Sanctuary, it could have been a much better story.

1 Like

I do like the idea that even the powerful and outwardly confident have moments of doubt and insecurity.

2 Likes

I liked how they game little cameos to forgotten heroes that usually don’t get lines. Firestorm still doesn’t have any discernible personality tho…

1 Like

I liked and wanted to read what they told us it would be. I didn’t really like what it turned into. Though I am currently enjoying the aftermath in Flashforward.

1 Like

I struggled with this storyline. I am big Wally West fan and his portrayal was just not to my liking. I felt like it really damaged this character…

I am happy to see Wally getting some love with Flash Forward.

2 Likes