Heroclix

I do know about that piece. I also have that one.

One of the DC Heroclix sets that came out in 2010 was a set called Brave and the Bold. Mister Miracle and Oberon was a super-rare piece from that set.
One of the gimmicks from that set was that every one of the super-rares was a duo figure. Duo figures (represented by the crossed arms that can be seen on the dial and on the card) is an older mechanic that is no longer used in the modern version of the Heroclix game. It allowed, if I remember correctly, an extra attack at a lower attack value.

Brave and the Bold had 15 Common figures, 15 Uncommon, 15 Rare, 10 Super-Rare, and 4 Chase figures. Each booster pack featured 5 figures, including at least one figure that was either Rare, Super-Rare, or a Chase figure.

Here is a pic advertising the set…

Heroclix has a major power creep issue. Newer sets come out more and more powerful for less and less points. Generally speaking, this means that older figures have much less value when played against newer figures.

Any other questions about that figure I can help you with?

5 Likes

You absolutely nailed it. I literally knew nothing. Thank u so much for all the info. I like to know what I own & now I do. That all makes perfect sense now.

3 Likes

I used to play around 2011, I think. Big into War of the Light and No Man’s Land. Haven’t had anyone to play with on years. Been going back and forth on selling my figures, as they are unfortunately just taking up space. No one plays clix at my lgs, and I don’t really see them for sale anywhere. Shame. I enjoyed it when I played it.

4 Likes

Know what you mean. It is tough finding games. I’ve played a few times online. It’s not the same and takes setup, but it’s a good way to get a game in now and then.

4 Likes

Love the hero clix DC Figures, got a few that i started to collect n then had to back off or ima end up in the poor house cause of collecting. But I did snag a Green Lantern i think it is called light wars pack. Haven’t had the chance to play.

4 Likes

Just got into it a few weeks ago, started a small collection.

3 Likes

It’s pretty fun. I have tons of pieces I’ve collected over the years and the next set is Justice League Unlimited based on the animated series!!

5 Likes

I have no clue how the game works. Don’t know if I’ll ever play it. I found this one at a anime convention and got I cause it has Nightwing.

4 Likes

I have never played it, don’t even know how to play it. But I did have some (still kept my Booster Gold, Superman, Blue Beetle and Stargirl ones) just because they were fun little statues that looked good displayed.

4 Likes

They have a pretty amazing line-up for the Justice League Unlimited set that includes The Justice Lords.

If you are the curious type, the following is a link to Wizkids website for this set. If you scroll down to the bottom, there is a pic with every figure from the set.

The gallery includes this gem that everyone will remember…

7 Likes

Here is Dolphin

5 Likes

One of the several Doomsday figures that has been made…

5 Likes

I’ll get closer with the next pic, but this is Kite-Man and Egghead (from the old 60s TV show).

5 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

Unless someone stops me, I am going to keep taking pics of cool DC figs for this game and posting them here.

4 Likes

King Shark and Manhunter (Power Company version)

5 Likes

Rag Doll (from Simone’s Secret Six) and Animal Man

5 Likes

Heroclix is always a fun game and I used to play plenty but I haven’t seen any sold in my local area for some time :frowning:

4 Likes

Giganta, President Lex Luthor, and Starfire

4 Likes

Bizarro, a Green Lantern/Green Arrow duo figure, and Steel.

5 Likes