Here's what's new to DCU

Hey everyone!! It’s that time again. New comics, new digitized comics, and of course New Book Clubs!!!

The format as always is

1. New to DCU

2. Newly Digitized

3. The Big Stuff this week

4. Starting Points

5. Starting Volumes

6. Ending Volumes

7. Summer of Events and beyond

8. Announcements

9. New to DCU
    Aquman #37
    Batman #49
    Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Red Hood vs. Anarky #1
    Batman: Sins of the Father Chapter 10
    Batwoman #16
    Brave and the Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman #5
    Cave Carson has an Interstellar Eye #4
    Damage #6
    Doomsday Clock #5 (Now it’s finally here 3 weeks late…)
    Future Quest Presents #11
    Green Lanterns #49
    Harley Quinn #44
    Injustice 2 Chapter Chapter 63
    Justice League #2
    The Man of Steel #4
    New Challengers #2
    Wildstorm #14

10. Newly Digitized
    Ambush Bug(1985) #3
    Arion the Immortal(1992) #2
    Bat Family(1975) #7
    Deadman(1986) #3
    Detective Comics #313
    Detective Comics #314
    Doom Patrol(2004) #3
    Hourman(1999) #9
    Human Defense Corps(2003) #3
    Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane(1958) #6

11. The Big Stuff This Week

• Justice League #2 For those curious almost every issue of Justice League is important. This issue alone will change 2 different Superhero mythologies forever. Think about the time the Yellow Lantern Corps was announced. Think massive stuff which is changing DC Comics forever.

• Doomsday Clock is finally here.Last issue we got development on Rorsarch II. Now it’s time to return to the plot!!

• Batman #49 The Wedding and Catwoman #1 are 2 weeks away and I couldn’t be more excited. Of course the Joker needs a say first! After Batman was taken down, can Catwoman save him?

1. Starting Points

Justice League #2 Okay I’m cheating. Start with #1 and then read #2 You want to read this series!
Batman #49 I’m cheating again. Start with #48 and then move forward. Best entrance point without starting at Vol 5?
Honestly There’s not a good starting point today…

1. Starting Volumes
    None

2. Ending Volumes

Damage: Out of Control
Damage #1-6

Green Lanterns: Ghost of the Past
Green Lanterns #44-49

1. Summer of Events

The book club is actually getting renamed to New to DCU Book Club to reflect it’s purpose better.

This week:
    Main:
    Justice League #2 ← This issue breaks the mythologies of major franchises.
    Man of Steel #4 ← This issue catches up with Action Comics #1000

Side:
Batman #49 ←- This issue ends the Joker story
Batman Prelude to the Wedding: Red Hood vs. Anarky #1 ← all of these have been reviewed really well DESPITE being cash grabs. It’s a weird series of one shots…

1. Announcements
    Shout out to everyone writing ongoing as always. The Fan creation side has become more and more busy as everyone is developing cool series. It’s a bummer I can’t read all of them.

Also I wrote an exclusive DCU article about why Josh Williamson left Justice League Odyssey. I don’t think it’s ever been reported before which is really cool!!

Thanks as always
Nathan Payson (Your Friendly Neighborhood Reporter)

3 Likes

Thanks as always Nathan. Reading the year old stuff digitized is the sole reason I plunked down my hard earned credit er cash…er money…

1 Like

You are welcome!!

1 Like

Probably not what is on everyones list. But I am looking forward to reading Damage #6. I read an issue of that on a whim on here, and have loved the series. Shame it didn’t last longer but plan to enjoy what there was.

Also looking forward to re-reading Ambush Bug #3 that was probably a challenge for them to digitize. As well as eventually reading Harley Quinn 44 although still got to read a few before I get that far, but something to look forward to. It is cool they are filling in so many gaps with Detective too, and will also have to read some Batman Family now that they are filling in the missing issues so it isn’t such a scattered selection.

Alot of people have been reading those series!! I plan to dive into Damage eventually.

Damage is on my list to, as are all the new age of superheroes. I also gave in and put Doomsday Clock on my list.