Help with Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern Run

Where do I start? Just need someone to point me in the right direction :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hey Moro! The best place to start is with the GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH miniseries by Johns.

2 Likes

Thanks @HubCityQuestion. Does that series leads into the main Green Lantern comic, or to other minis?

Appreciate the help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It leads to the 2005 ongoing! That takes place concurrently with the 2005 Green Lantern Corps series, so maybe try and read both.

2 Likes

@moro, should you want to venture into GLC, make sure you read the Green Lantern Corps: Recharge mini first.

It was co-written by Geoff Johns and Dave Gibbons, and is to the GLC ongoing that came after as Green Lantern: Rebirth is to the GL ongoing that came after it: a reintroduction of classic characters and the beginning of their new adventures.

2 Likes

Here is the full gl/glc order
https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/wiki/recommended/gjlantern

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion, @Vroom, @50710

Thank you. Will be dipping my toes soon, taking your advice into account :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

To quote Michelle Tanner @moro: “You got it dude!” :+1:

DC has started to release his entire run on Green Lantern in trades. Starts with GL Rebirth to the 2005 series as well as issues he wrote of Green Lantern Corp. There are currently three books with a fourth due out by the end of the year

1 Like

There are also 3 MASSIVE volumes that collect his run in full, but be prepared to shell out some serious cash AND find a sturdy shelf

1 Like

Digital trades are my preferred format when reading complete runs. Will check out the current Comixology sale. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. Due very limited space, I reserve shelf space for my very small but mighty Superman collection :slightly_smiling_face:.