Help a Struggling Comic Store

If you love vintage or new comics, or cool DC collectibles from a variety of eras, please help Comics, Cards, and Stuff.
It’s in Fort Myers, Florida.
The owner is a great guy.
He recently lost a family member to a long battle, my mother-in-law was in the same hospital.
He had to close shop a lot to help with caregiving and eventually grieving.
If you can, please show your support.

30 Likes

I’m not near the area but wish them the best. Most of the comic store owners I have met have very friendly and giving. Here’s hoping all the fandoms in the area come out to support Comics,Cards, and Stuff.

10 Likes

Wish I could, but they’re 142 miles away. I wish them the best.

12 Likes

Well wishes from Minnesota :smiley:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that

6 Likes

Wish I could help, but I’m in Minnesota too.

3 Likes

I want to help but I live in Georgia woth no willing ride to take me there

4 Likes

Nice :smiley:

How about this weather we’re having, eh? I’m still waiting for our annual mid-march snowstorm to muck everything up. Although maybe we’re in the clear this year

3 Likes

Best wishes to that shop owner, People don’t realize what gems real home town comic book stores are. Hope his shop keeps going and gets stronger.

If my local one would just put in an original pac man arcade machine in there I would gladly take a bag of quarters and veg out there for an hour or so. But nooooooooooooo ! * shrugs *

anyhow Long live our beloved Comic Stores and Dc Comics !

9 Likes

Not a resident of FL, but my prayers and well-wishes go out to the owner and anyone else in need.

9 Likes

Yeah, waiting for one last dump of snow or will it hit in mid-April?

4 Likes

Wish them the best and sorry for his loss. If I didn’t live about 1,000 miles away I would help.

5 Likes

I wish I was there, hope he gets back on his feet. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am in the middle Georgia area, so that one is a bit too far to travel for one day :). Wish them all the luck in the world though!

3 Likes

I don’t live in the area but I am sending love your way. :two_hearts: I moved back to a small town after getting my degree and I miss my ladies night at the comic book store in Chicago. Just taking two hours a month to talk about books and TV was such a relief. I know how important a safe space like the comic store is.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not live in Florida, I would definitely buy something there if I could. I wish the best to you and the store.

3 Likes

Damn, sorry. I’m all the way over on the west coast. All the best.

2 Likes

I’m close to there and I’ve been there before, it’s a 45 minute drive so I’ll see if I can make time to go.

8 Likes

@bluejay, welcome to the community. That’s great you’re close to the shop. Please let him know we’re pulling for him.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @bluejay418! Hope you can help the shop!

3 Likes