HBO Max Reveals First-Look Image of AQUAMAN: KING OF ATLANTIS Animated series

Did not expect to see Aquaman with green hair

4 Likes

3 Likes
8 Likes

Saw that
looks fun. Like the tiny dot faces in it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

With this, Harley Quinn, Teen Titans Go, and the DC Robot Chicken specials, DC is definitely miles ahead of Marvel at being able to laugh at themselves.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not what I was expecting or even hoping for when I heard that James Wan was producing an Aquaman animated series, but for what it is, it looks fun. Iā€™ll definitely give it a shot when it drops.

2 Likes

I know that this is wrong and itā€™s a me-problem I need to work on, but this animation style is so bad to me that I genuinely get offended that it is allowed to exist. Like I get genuinely mad. Itā€™s an offense to every part of my sensibilities. I consider myself truly terrible at art and I think I can do better.

I can see the beauty of la linea. Art can be simplistic and beautiful but this is just bad.

This is the animation version of the people in Kitchen nightmares that stores chicken in a broken cooler. Itā€™s the software developer that stores passwords in cleartext. Itā€™s the doctor that prescribes homeopathic treatments. Itā€™s the constructor that builds a bathroom with a floor that doesnā€™t have itā€™s lowest point at the drain. I want them to find another calling in life.

Just as people are bad at other professions there must also exist bad art, and this is the proof.

I like genuinely get upset at the world for claiming it was made for kids. I was a kid once, and I am offended on behalf of my younger self. No one should have to eat chicken stored in a broken cooler. Seeing this art awakens parts of me I donā€™t want to exist.

I want to give this a Rowan compliment sandwich without the buns.

Iā€™m just going to go away and repeat the mantra.

This wasnā€™t made for me

3 Likes

No the animation is just bad, donā€™t feel guilty.

1 Like

I might try an episode but based on that trailer, dont think its gonna be for me. Not gonna hate on it just sayhing while others might enjoy it i likely wont.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @brian345150.62333! :wave: Everyone has their own personal taste - hopefully something else will catch your fancy soon.

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :00_aquaman_rebirth:

2 Likes

Just an FYI. You can catch the first 4 minutes of episode 1 on youtube now.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the vid if you donā€™t want to go looking around for it:

And I didnā€™t realize this actually comes out tomorrow! Thatā€™s pretty cool.

5 Likes

Wow! Today is the day it is streaming! :-0

2 Likes

So I just finished watching it and itā€™s pretty fun, I gotta say. The animation style here I think is something that can look bad in stills at moments, but when you actually get into the action, it works really well. It has some good laughs and it has some interesting hooks for future stories.

Iā€™m just wondering what the schedule for this series will be. Right now itā€™s just one 45-ish minute episode, but when is the next one?

5 Likes

Watched it. I thought it was ok. Got be hooked enough to watch episode 2 anyway. (hooked, see what i did there?)

1 Like

Definitely agree. I know itā€™s not for everyone, but the wide range of odd faces had me absolutely rolling here :laughing:

And it looks like theyā€™re gonna release each of the next 2 episodes/installments over the next 2 weeks, so itā€™ll be a pretty quick release overall

True that!

Aquaman: Hey, can we get a new throne here?

Vulko:

Oh, okay! Good, I was worried that with the wait time and how long the episodes are that weā€™d have to wait longer.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™ll be nice to have these come out on a weekly basis through the end of the month. One other thing Iā€™m also hoping for is that some of the hate this has been getting online will ease up. Itā€™s insane how many people have trashed this from the beginning just because they didnā€™t like ThunderCats Roar (same creators/animation). I canā€™t speak to what that show was like, but Iā€™m just hoping some of those critics will at least give this a chance because this 1st episode was a lot of fun and deserves to be checked out

2 Likes

Finally got the chance to watch A:KOA!

Iā€™m a fan! I love that the director of the excellent movie, is behind the animated series. Style is zany and fun! Iā€™m all in!

4 Likes

Watched it with my 10YO daughter and it was pretty fun. She absolutely loved it, which is really what matters. Weā€™ll be watching the next two. Hope it does well!

4 Likes