HBO Max Podcast: Batman: The Audio Adventures

4 Likes

It would be nice if they do more of these. Good to have when driving a long distance.

4 Likes

Yā€™know, Rosario has been one of my dream fancasts for Catwoman ever since I saw her as Gail in Sin City, so thatā€™s pretty cool!

Looking forward to seeā€“er, hearing this one!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Is this in addition to the Batman podcast coming to Spotify or replacing it?

2 Likes
4 Likes

In addition ā€“ The Audio Adventures seems to be more an action/comedy starring Jeffrey Wright as Batman, while the Spotify podcast seems to be more of a gritty thriller staring Winston Duke as Batman.

3 Likes

Seems sick. The only thing Iā€™m iffy on is actually using as HBO Max to stream a podcast. Never done that before and based on the current UI of the site, I doubt itā€™ll be very user-friendly or intuitive. Hope Iā€™m wrong though because Iā€™m excited to give this a listen.

3 Likes

I think most of the HBO Max podcasts end up on YouTube anyway, so even if the UI on the app sucks, you got a more reliable option there.

4 Likes

True, Iā€™d prefer it on Spotify because YouTube is also not the most convenient for driving and stuff, but Iā€™ll take what I can get I guess.

3 Likes

listened to the first episode it was awesome! canā€™t wait to check out the rest of it

Also that is a awesome radio I hope DC will sell one

2 Likes

Glad youā€™re enjoying it! :smiley:

That radio does look pretty sweet, doesnā€™t it haha

3 Likes

Itā€™s out today! Ten episodes averaging ~39 mins each. Iā€™m listening now, and am entertained. :smile_cat:

Iā€™m gonna try to save most of them for my actual errands and walking on trails and stuff during my weekend that I use podcasts for. These days itā€™s hard for me to devote time to sit down and watch/read stuff but I can listen while traveling or doing things.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you :pray: :blush:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what it is about comedy troupes and super-hero adaptations. Seems like if youā€™re casting for comic book voices, the last people youā€™d choose would be comedians, but this podcast is not the first time.

• Bill Murray of the early SNL seasons started it by playing Johnny Storm in a Fantastic Four radio series
  • A slew of SCTV cast members voiced various characters in the 1981 Heavy Metal movie.
  • They did a Superman 50th anniversary tribute show on TV, and chose the SNL cast to handle that (cranking it out the same week they did a regular SNL episode)
  • Now we have a lot of current or former SNL cast doing Batman, the Audio Adventures

In none of these cases, would anyone in their right mind go ā€œHey, you know who would be perfect for this project?..ā€ Iā€™m not saying the casting works or doesnā€™t work, just that I find it a puzzling trend

Iā€™m not finished with this series yet but Iā€™ve really enjoyed it through seven episodes. Jason Sudekis as the exasperated mayor of Gotham City is fantastic, Jeffrey Wright as Batman works thanks to his smooth pipes, Chris Parnell as the narrator is great and the jingles, recurring bits, easter eggs and more than are peppered through each episode make it so fun to listen to.

Melissa Villasenor is not working for me as Robin. Not at all. Sheā€™s distractingly bad to me but the rest - the rest I am here for in a big way. Hope this gets a second season or that we see Audio Adventures for The Flash, Wonder Woman, Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern or any of a number of other DC characters.

3 Likes

Reading this now - a prequel to ā€˜Batman: The Audio Adventuresā€™ show itself and loving it. Having listened to most of the episodes itā€™s impossible not to hear those versions of the characters voices in my head as I read it, including the cadence and pauses. So good and itā€™s a full 80 pages, not one advertisement in the book!

3 Likes
3 Likes

another season?
thats so frickin exciting
i listened to the first season religiously and the voice acting is so good.

2 Likes