HBO Max Docuseries About DC

22 Likes

Very excited for this. I remember watching Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics and having it give me such respect to the very deep and nuanced history of comics. I hope that this series goes into as much detail. I’d also love for it to be transparent and maybe cover any controversial DC history moments, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. Either way, I’m in.

9 Likes

Cool, I don’t know too in depth about DC’s comic history with the exception of a few of the more commonly known things. Interesting.

4 Likes

Watch
Secret Origins the Story of DC Comics

In that hour and a half you will get a good overview of most of our comic book library. It was filmed in 2009 so of course can’t talk about newer than that

The DC History Club has this video as the topic for the month of September 2020

if you want to learn significant events in super hero genre history. Most significant issues are mentioned here. It is by year

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions + insight ! :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

6 Likes

Cool! HBO/Max has been making really high-quality documentaries, so I’m curious to see how they’ll tackle DC, and how in-depth it will go.

4 Likes

Very cool news.

Will be looking forward to this one a lot. I love these types of docuseries.

4 Likes

This is great! And it’s from the same production company that did The Imagineering Story on Disney+. That was a fantastic docuseries, and I’m sure they’ll be able to bring a similar level of quality to DC :smiley:

5 Likes

That should be interesting to see, I’m a fan of documentary and history, and boy does DC has alot of history. :grinning:

3 Likes

I am very familiar with DC’s history, but I am looking forward to this a great deal! BTW, my fellow fans of classic animation will be interested to know that executive producer and co-director Leslie Iwerks is the granddaugther of animation legend Ub Iwerks.

2 Likes

The same team did this series:

3 Likes

I’m excited to see this!

4 Likes

I don’t often watch documentaries…but I may check this one out

1 Like

I love DC, and I love documentaries, so this will likely be a great watch. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I always like a good documentary series, so I’m very excited about this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its hard to not nitpick these kinds of things, but I have supreme faith in all involved that they’ll do a kick-ass job.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @stefandam.74924! :batparrot: Glad to hear you’re just as excited for this as the rest of us; let us know what you think of it once it comes out!

Please feel free to reach out to the moderator team should you need anything. :muscle:

3 Likes

Thank you @Shayera.Hol ! Just trying to find my feet around here LOL

3 Likes

@Kelex has great starter and advanced tutorials for new users to help explore the platform and learn more about clubs, badges, etc - you can private message them to get started. If you need any direct assistance, you can message the moderator team as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes