Hawkman Thread

4 Likes

You have Shayera or Kendra for that. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, that line was for Kendra who was at the time very scared and confused.
Here is my favorite picture of each.

3 Likes

:raised_hands: That’s great to hear @Reaganfan78! There’s this one too, if you’re looking for more:

5 Likes

Ps. :eyes: I’m also here to :00_hawkman: litter this thread a little…

4 Likes

Just wanted to let Hawk-fans know that the Hawkman and Hawkwoman: The Changeling 6 page short from the Round Robin contest has been updated to Superboy: The Man of Tomorrow issue 6! Superboy: The Man Of Tomorrow #6

It’s gorgeous! Just a taste of what we might have gotten (though as a Superboy fan, I love the series we got too!)!

4 Likes

If you have never had the good fortune to read the classic Silver Age Brave and the Bold Hawkman run, do yourself a favor and devour them! Six of the most incredibly beautiful comic books ever created by the legendary Joe Kubert!

6 Likes

oooh, do you have a link to the DCUI issues so we can read em? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@millernumber1: No, I have no such link. I am fortunate to own all six of the Silver Age Brave and the Bold issues. They can be had in Vol 1 of The Silver Age Hawkman Archives for basically the price of one of the books in mid-grade condition. Trust me, it’s a good and rewarding investment.

3 Likes

So needy! :wink:

This one isn’t available as a digital single yet, but here’s the cover so folks new to these issues can see the whole shebang:

Back to digitally-available issues:

Back to a print-only at this point issue:

EDIT: I was just kidding about TBATB #44 not yet being in digital (“Yeah…that’ll do, nicely.” :smirk: :wink:).

Thanks to @millernumber1 for the heads-up on the last ish. :vulcan_salute:t2: :clark_hv_4:

5 Likes

I’m liking Carter from Legends of Tomorrow. I’m still on season 1 though, and he just died… so I’m hoping he comes back soooon

3 Likes

You are the best! But I’m sure you already knew that.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, if I have anything to say about @Vroom, he’s the nicest, and smartest guy on DC Universe.
But knowing him, he would post the Superman gif that say, “No sir, we’re all part of the same team.” :slightly_smiling_face: :superman:
So whether he like it or not, he deserves some credit, I’m so thankful back in July he was a community member of the month.:grinning:

4 Likes

I think DC may have heard you, cause they put this one on the service! So I could read nearly all of em here!

I have read em now! And I think the art is great, and the characterization is a big step up from the Golden Age Batman stories I read recently (the origins of the Batmen of All Nations, Man of Bats, and Cluemaster - dreadful stories all!). I especially enjoyed the relationship between Katar and Shayera, and the plotting of Mavis. Lots of little details, like how Katar and Shayera first met, the marriage earrings, etc! It’s still a bit flat compared with the kind of characterization vs. plot information ration I prefer, but a fun read - especially to read the origin of the Shadow Thief, a major threat in the Venditti Hawkman! :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, uh, yay for DC’s digital team immediately digitizing that issue and making it available over the weekend!

Yeah…coughs and side-eyes inconspicuously…good on them for their :superman:uper-fast, weekend digitizing!

It surely wasn’t me mistakenly not seeing the issue in my search for Kubert’s Hawk-related TBATB issues and upon missing it in our library, thinking it wasn’t yet in digital when in reality, its probably been available in digital for years, now.

No sir, I didn’t make that mistake. Nuh-uh, nope and not moi! :smile:

Seriously @millernumber1, while I credited you in an edit to my previous post, I’ll thank you again here for highlighting the issue that I…purposely looked over, so as to see if anyone would notice if I overlooked it or not.

“Bull****. You goofed and missed that one, that’s all.”

Mebbe. :smirk: Thank you, though. :slight_smile:

“Want a deviled egg?”

Thank you for the offer of course, but no, sir! I shall refrain! :smile:

3 Likes

Well, whatever happened, I had a pretty good time reading the issues, so thank you again!

Hawks eternal!

3 Likes

I did purposely overlook that SA issue of TBATB.

“No, you didn’t. You just mistakenly missed it.”

Its true, I did.

In the words of Peter Venkman, I’ll say this:

“Look, sometimes, **** happens and who ya gonna call?”

@millernumber1 sits back and thinks for a moment, then leans forward and says “Ghostbusters?”

Indeed!

SN: Imagine the Ghostbusters taking on Gentleman Ghost. That’d be a sight to see, I bet.

3 Likes