Hawkman Continuity

As we all know our beloved, winged, mace wielding, friend Hawkman has a shall we say convoluted history in comic books. Not to say that is a negative persay, its given us great things because of how flexible people have been with him. That being said I am curious to know what are some Hawkman stories or runs that have resonated with you and what parts of Hawkman mythology do you wish to see further explored and why do you think he is harder to penetrate for new readers as seems to be the unfortunate case. As Venditti has stated he is the historical document for our DC universe and it’s fun to go back and look through the history ever massive the maze of it is. Thank you for contributing, happy reading, and thanks for the Hawkman love.

P.S. My personal favorite story is Hawkworld as it was my first. I love the way Venditti has streamlined most of what made it hard to penetrate his mythology to non comic readers but I do wish the infected arc was slightly shorter as I am finally caught up in the run and issue 22 was this last Wednesday. Geoff John’s run in the early 2000s that merged into Palmiotti (hope I spelled that right) was very good as well.

2 Likes

I liked The Death of Hawkman. I’m a fan of title crossovers & longer the better reads that aren’t all self contained.

1 Like

I liked Hawkworld too. I don’t know how that can even be considered the same character.

1 Like

It is pretty crazy how different some of the interpretations are from each other but thata also part of his charm is just the pure flexibility in storytelling

1 Like

Agreed. I like the current run myself.

1 Like

Oh my god yes venditti is killing it I just finished issue 22 the other day and cannot wait for 23

2 Likes