Hawkman (2018)

I know that nobody probably cares, but I just want to express my love for Venditti’s run of Hawkman. To give you context, some week ago a posted a tread about things I would change in comics. One of the things I listed was the origin story of Hawkman and Hawkgirl because I found it to be the only decent story arc that they could do with the characters. I believe it was Vroom that suggested I read this run and I absolutely love it. The story is very engaging. My favorite issue is #6 where the Atom and Hawkman fight Moz-Ga. It was one of the few times I felt emotion while reading a comic (I rarely feel while I read or watch things.) My favorite cover is issue 5’s cover A because its metallic. I also love the art in the book so far, but unfortunaly Bryan Hitch’s last issue is 12 or 13. Will Conrad is taking over but from what I seen of his art in Justice League Odyssey #7 I’m cool with him taking over. I can’t wait to see what Venditti has in store of the story after the battle with the Deathbringers.

6 Likes

Are you kidding this is MY FAVORITE DC TITLE right now! It’s Venditti’s masterpiece!

1 Like

I haven’t read it yet BUT I look forward to starting down the post rebirth path soon!

2 Likes

I also forgot to mention, that the run gets brownie points every time this happens:

“Thinks for taking me to _____”
“No problem, it’s the best I can do after you helped in the past”

This reminds me of Disney Channel’s Kim Possible and it happens a lot since Carter has helped multiple people in his past life.

1 Like

@Flamebird23 TBH I don’t remember mentioning Hawkman to you but if I did, I appreciate your acting on my suggestion =)

The current volume of Hawkman is in fact GREAT! It’s his best ongoing in years, even surpassing Geoff Johns’ run.

Glad you’re enjoying the Winged Wonder’s wonderful series!

2 Likes

Probably one of my favorite writers right now along with josh Williamson!

1 Like

This is my favorite DC book. I am so glad to have had this on my pull since issue #1. #11 later this week and I’m stoked!

Just because Venditti is writing it I should read it I have just not been that big of Hawkman fan

I personally wish he was still writing Green Lanterns

The current Hawkman has been a fantastic read (although I am perpetually a couple of issues behind because of work and life) and if Hitch has to leave the title, then Will Conrad is not a bad choice to replace him. His artwork has been very impressive on the books I’ve seen him do!