Repeat after me

Mix

Yes

Spit

Lick

5 Likes

i can pronounce it but i can’t spell it lol

4 Likes

Mxyzptlk! And it’s happened quite a lot – most notably in the 2000 graphic novel World’s Funnest, where the two go to war with each other in an epic showdown which shatters the entire multiverse.

But Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk first crossed paths in 1960’s World’s Finest Comics #113, where they team up to bedevil Batman and Superman in order to determine whose hero is greater. Bat-Mite and Mxy would reprise this team-up in World’s Finest #123, #152, and #169.

In Superman & Batman: Generations, an Elseworlds tale where Superman and Batman debuted in the 30s and then progressed in their careers to the present day in real time, the Bat-Mite/Mxyzptlk affair from World’s Finest is retold once more in a new context.

Bat-Mite was given a new Post-Crisis origin in 2006’s Superman/Batman #25, which establishes him as a manifestation of Joker’s 5th dimensional powers when he stole them from Mr. Mxyzptlk in the “Emperor Joker” storyline. This version of Bat-Mite goes on to appear sporadically alongside Mxy for the rest of the series.

In 2009, Bat-Mite helped the Justice League battle Mxyzptlk in DC Super Friends #11, after accidentally egging him on. Mxy and Bat-Mite meet again in the series finale, DC Super Friends #28.

That same year, in Tiny Titans #17, Raven “prank calls” the two imps by summoning them through her spellbook at inconvenient moments.

Most recently, the two imps appeared in Scott Snyder’s Justice League run, particularly “The Sixth Dimension” story arc running from issues #19-25 as unwitting pawns in Perpetua’s greater plans.

6 Likes

A lot of my Hawkman pictures come from that storyline (including my beloved picture of him crying), so I get to see the issue numbers very frequently.

5 Likes

I decided not to include the numbers specifically so as not to confuse any reading order. The appropriate issues of JSA will guide readers where they need to go.

5 Likes

This brings back memories of all those tabs I had open the first time I read it.

5 Likes

Darkseid & Brainiac.

4 Likes

This is essentially the premise of one of the most dramatic story arcs across Justice League and the Justice League Unlimited animated series. Darkseid and Brainiac first cross paths in the Justice League episode “Twilight,” and ultimately fuse together as one being at the start of the Justice League Unlimited finale, “Alive!”

6 Likes

My selective memory left this out. Good thing I’m starting over with DC animated shows.

Thanks HCQ!

So, they’ve never met in the comics?

3 Likes

Sure, I could hunt those down for you, but why not start there? The opening post doesn’t guarantee every meeting, just a meeting (if it exists).

4 Likes

The Joker, The Prankster and The Trickster, in any combination. Either all three meeting each other or any two-person combination of the three.

(I have seen that one animated short where all of Mark Hamill’s characters meet each other.)

4 Likes

This has happened exactly once: in 2008’s DC Super Friends #4. To defeat the Super Friends, Joker, Harley Quinn, Prankster, Trickster, and Punch and Jewelee all team up to form…

7 Likes

No need @HubCityQuestion. Wasn’t expecting you to go out of your way. Just thought maybe that piece of trivia was readily accessible in that amazing comics encyclopedia of a mind you’ve got :slightly_smiling_face:. Thanks much :pray:.

4 Likes

most famously in Crisis on Infinite Earths #12

The following on that page have also met Darkseid and Brainiac

Adam Strange
Captain Comet
Animal Man
Rip Hunter
Dolphin
Atomic Knight

5 Likes

OK, one of you has to change avatars.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Request granted. Been playing more Injustice 2 Mobile lately so…

Edit: Bah! Forgot how blurry these come out. It’s why I chose the simple S avatar to begin with.

3 Likes

Had a feeling it would be in there. Been years since I read that.

I’ve always liked that 80s Brainiac design. Brings back memories of Super Powes toys :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. Saved this lazy fan some time!

2 Likes