Have We Met?

You are a good man, Wrightline. It’s always a pleasure to learn with you.

3 Likes

And you my friend, and you.

3 Likes

Batman really gets around, as you say, so this is a pretty tough question. I will say that he has yet to meet Levi Kamei, the current Swamp Thing.

3 Likes

A definite no on the Two-Face and Rose/Thorn counts. Doctor 13 is one of the mystic community in attendance at a meeting in the House of Strangers called by Occult in Secret Six #7 (2015), but they don’t exchange words.

4 Likes

The Rocket Red brigade is indeed still active. Since Rebirth, they’ve been a presence whenever the action takes us to Russia and its environs as one of the nation’s premiere superhero teams. In fact, as established in Doomsday Clock, both the Rocket Red Brigade and Red Star, as a member of “The People’s Heroes,” are active in protecting the Russian citizenry.

As for the two specific Rocket Reds you’ve asked over, Dmitri Pushkin briefly meets Red Star for the first and only time (that we know of) in Suicide Squad #13 (1988), after a botched Suicide Squad mission forces Batman’s hand to send his Justice League International behind enemy lines. There, the two factions oversee the transfer of Nemesis back into United States custody.

5 Likes

Created as Batman’s answer to Lois Lane, red head photographer Vicki Vale has been around since 1948. Iris West (as Flash’s main squeeze) was later to the scene of newspaper journalism, by some 8 years. Now Superman & Batman have shared a lot of print space together in World’s Finest, and elsewhere. It’s probable that somebody managed to get Lane and Vale together at some time or other, during those years. But, have the 3 women ever shared the same stage, in any shape or form? In some JLA story maybe?

4 Likes

Lois and Vicki appear together in World’s Finest #85.

Wonder Woman #170 has a good “have they met”

The TV show is called “The Scene” starring Vicki Vale, Tawny Young (reporter appearing in Green Lantern with Hal and John), Lia Briggs (better known as Looker) and Linda Park (reporter and Wally’s wife). Guest starring Lois Lane and Wonder Woman.

Lois met Iris West in Superman: Man of Steel Annual #4

as well as on tv for Crisis on Infinite Earths

I thought they had met in JLA #157 (Atom’s marriage to Jean) but Supergirl was with Clark that day.

I can’t think of any where all three appear. Vicki hasn’t been around much since 1990.

6 Likes

Way to go Cap! I don’t know who’s happier here. me or HCQ, for you savin’ him time and effort. :grinning:

2 Likes

Has any iteration of the Night Force, ever met up with Shadow Pact?

2 Likes

I was just looking through my recently acquired Silver Age Suicide Squad omnibus. I’d forgotten how similar they were to another group of adventurers during that time. Hence, my query. Did the original S.S. ever cross paths with the Challengers of the Unknown?

3 Likes

Not only have they never met, but they’ve never actually been active at the same time. Night Force first appeared as a New Teen Titans spinoff in 1982, and were active in their own title until 1983. They were revived for a second series in 1997, and then didn’t appear again until Marv Wolfman’s third attempt to launch them in 2012.

Shadowpact, on the other hand, first appeared in 1999 during the Day of Judgment storyline, and was active until 2011 when Flashpoint reset the board. So the two teams have never even coexisted!

4 Likes

Not in continuity, but the two teams are both featured in DC: The New Frontier.

4 Likes

Thorn’s immortality is a concept which has remained unexplored outside of Brian Michael Bendis’s work on the Legion of Super-Heroes titles. Likewise, while it has plenty of potential, the Council of Immortals has yet to make any appearances as an organization outside of Dark Nights: Metal and its tie-ins.

But even individually, Thorn hasn’t had a meaningful interaction with any members of the Council. Like all active female heroes, both Thorn and Hawkgirl were on the scene in Wonder Woman #175 against Circe, but they were in different parts of New York at the time. Later, Hawkgirl and Thorn are both present in Birds of Prey #108 when all of Oracle’s satellite agents show up to support her, but they’re standing rather far apart in the lineup.

5 Likes

I have combed through every appearance of Greg Saunders beginning with the introduction of the second Vigilante to bring you this painstakingly researched, completely thorough answer:

No.

The fact is that Greg is typically kept to his own place in the timeline, and the later Vigilantes don’t do much crossing over, with one or two exceptions. The name “Vigilante” is already confusing enough given the profession of his field, let alone when you get more than one Vigilante in the mix at once.

4 Likes

I suspected as much. And your time and research are as always, deeply appreciated! :smiley:

2 Likes

This one happens all the time! Red Tornado and the Metal Men were both participants in Crisis on Infinite Earths, but they were united for the first time- against Superman- when they came under the control of Brainiac in Superman: Y2K.

In Alex Ross’s Justice, Red Tornado is repaired by Will Magnus after he is destroyed in an attack by the Legion of Doom, and allies himself with the Metal Men thereafter.

More recently, Doc Magnus helps keep the multiverse safe from the encroaching Dark Knights in Dark Nights: Metal with the aid of a cosmic pipe organ made from Metal Men and Red Tornado’s bodies; and in the 2016 Legends of Tomorrow anthology, the Metal Men come to the rescue when Red Tornado goes on an uncontrollable rampage.

5 Likes

Giganta and Atom Smasher.

Just because they’re both big, doesn’t mean they’ve “bumped into” each other yet.

2 Likes

Giganta and Atom Smasher can be seen fighting each other in the background of the Injustice video game – and in the tie-in comics, they’re revealed to be on-and-off romantic partners, as well.

2 Likes

Is she still an ape “at heart?” Her origin’s changed so many times over the years, I don’t remember any more.

1 Like

Nah, the ape part of her backstory has been gradually phased out over the years. In 1997, she was reintroduced in Post-Crisis continuity as the recipient of an experimental blood transfusion which still involved an ape, but she was always human to start with. In The New 52, the ape factor was removed from her backstory altogether, and she was now said to have given herself an experimental procedure to cure her illness, which resulted in her powers.

3 Likes