D’oh!

Heroes in Crisis.

Answered my own question…

5 Likes

And injustice

4 Likes

And

6 Likes

Haven’t read either of those two, @SuperBlueLiquidator. You recommend? Just starting to read Harley a bit (the Infinite Frontier current series).

4 Likes

Harley’s Little Black Book is really great – the first issue is the only one with the Wonder Woman team-up, but the rest of them are really fun too, crossing over with characters like Green Lantern, Zatanna, the Bombshells universe, Lobo, and Superman. Plus they’re all pretty free of continuity – like, all you really need to know is that Harley is living on Coney Island, has her own tenament building with lots of goofy characters, and you’re good to go.

Justice League Vs Suicide Squad is okay – cool start, kind of loses the plot near the end, but I can think of far worse things to read.

5 Likes

What about Tim Drake and Kyle Rayner? I know they’ve been in issues together (like the mega titan reunion in the last stories of the dc universe) but have they ever properly met?

4 Likes

Haven’t read the first, but I would recommend Justice League vs. Suicide squad. Not a bad book and it leads into the rebirth JLA series I like, which I’d also reccomend.
Hope you enjoy em if you ever read em :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This one I actually can answer!

The two meet in Green Lantern #71 in 1995, during Ron Marz’s run. This was the start of the arc “Hero’s Quest,” where after some bad stuff happening, Kyle goes around the DCU and get some advice from the big guys on how to be a better hero, and he immediately starts with Batman.

Since this was the 90s where most writers seem to only write him as a jerk, Batman blows him off, but Tim Drake sticks around.

Here’s a link to the issue: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

6 Likes

Of course he did, he’s a sweetheart :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I think they interacted briefly in Sins of Youth.

3 Likes

Excluding any World’s Finest team-ups or Justice League group activities, has Superman ever fought either Clayface (any Clayface) or Killer Croc mano a mano?

4 Likes

In Action Comics #443 (1973), “At Last! Clark Kent–Superhero!”, the “Anti-Justice League” appears for a single issue, led by Queen Bee. Other members include Brainiac, Chronos, Gorilla Grodd, Harpy, Merlyn, Ocean Master, Sinestro, and Clayface (Matt Hagen). When the AJL captures the entire JLA, sans Superman, the Man of Steel takes the entire team of villains on himself.

In DC Universe Online Legends #9 (2011), a grieving Superman, having lost Lois Lane and Metropolis, is called upon to deal with a breakout of Brainiac-empowered supervillains from Arkham. Superman is on the scene just long enough to take down Killer Croc, before terrorizing Poison Ivy and Blockbuster to tell him where Luthor is.

In Superman #44 (2015), Superman’s secret identity has been exposed, and a cadre of supervillains confront him as Clark Kent – a group including Shockwave, Livewire, Killer Frost, and Killer Croc.

In DCeased #3 (2019), Superman tries his best to protect the remaining citizens of Metropolis from the Anti-Life plague, and helps Black Lightning handle an infected Clayface.

That brings us to DC: The Doomed and the Damned (2020), “From Humble Roots,” where Superman and Swamp Thing team up against Clayface (Basil Karlo) when he poisons the crops of a rural town to turn all of its residents into Clayfaces.

Finally, I’d just like to mention that you can also check out Wonder Woman '77 #14-15 (2016) for a fight between Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman and Clayface.

4 Likes

Much obliged, HCQ. Your research skills, as always, are most impressive.

5 Likes

As are yours, KSA! I have the utmost respect for your endeavors here.

5 Likes

Huge understatement.

4 Likes

Hello @HubCityQuestion :0_the_question_jlu:,
With Eclipso coming to season 2 of Stargirl on August 10, have they ever met in comics? :slightly_smiling_face:
:stargirl:

4 Likes

On my PC I have a picture of them trash talking each other.

4 Likes

Certainly. Eclipso was featured as a major recurring villain throughout 1999’s JSA, which counted Courtney among its members. During this time, Eclipso goes through the host bodies of Yolanda Montez’s cousin Alex Montez, and Ray Palmer’s ex-wife Jean Loring. You can follow the Eclipso/JSA saga in JSA #46-52, 56-58, and 73-75, and in related Hawkman issues for the “Black Reign” storyline as directed.

But as a Stargirl fan, I would also advise preparing yourself for the next season by reading Eclipso #11-14, featuring Eclipso’s encounter with Amanda Waller’s “Shadow Fighters” – a team which includes Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez, as well as upcoming The Suicide Squad star Peacemaker.

4 Likes

@Lincolnfan78 The related Hawkman issues are 23-25 of Volume 4.

5 Likes

of course you’d know the exact issue and volume…

4 Likes