Have a Suggestion For DC Shop Items? Let Us Know!

I want a comics version of Darkseid and Deathstroke tshirts. I usually dont dig movie merchandise clothes as much.

4 Likes

Thank you for reaching out to us DCUers for ideas!

I love all of the items suggested - customized apparel (awesome thoughts @Batman0803!), keychains, baseball hats, COMICS AND BOOKS (Are we due for a new DC encyclopedia mirroring the one we used to have in the app, perhaps? :thinking: Should we have the Batman & Robin Omnibus and give it away to a lucky superfan @KeyFamily? :exploding_head:), toys, games, DVDs, figures, artā€¦

Basically - donā€™t make us look elsewhere for the things weā€™d rather find here!

There are so many characters that could use more love in the DC Shop and a lot of the designs are stagnant. I personally find the classic/retro comic splashes more appealing and they seem to be few-and-far between. For example, Iā€™d rock this on a t-shirt every day:

6 Likes

As someone who has purchased t-shirts from the shop before, I honestly suggest offering higher quality tees. Stronger fabric with better collars and prints that donā€™t fade after a few washes.

As for suggestions for new product offerings:

• Polos and button up shirts.
  • Sublimation t-shirts (the ones with the ā€œall overā€ prints).
  • Embossed or embroidered items (think Disneyā€™s ā€œspiritā€ jerseys, or hoodies/shirts with patches).
  • Jackets.
  • Mugs.
  • Figures and statues, stuff I couldnā€™t get elsewhere.
7 Likes

Maybe some posters of iconic art from comics or just of heroes/villains

5 Likes

First of all, I started this post on my phone and then realized I needed to type more so I came to my computer. Imagine my surprise when the draft of what I had started writing was already in place in the reply window! Fantastic feature on here!

Now - for what Iā€™d like to see in the DC Shop:

Trading cards
I collected cards as a kid and would probably still do so. If there was a card set for each event - The Joker War, Future State, Endless Winter, Fear State, Death Metal, etc. - Iā€™d collect the hell out of those. Having them for each season of the DC shows would be fun as well - The Flash, Black Lightning, Titans, Harley Quinn, etc. Another set Iā€™d like to see is all 11 of the trading cards that came out in the Dark Nights Death Metal Soundtrack since those are impossible to find otherwise and Iā€™m not buying 11 versions of the album to try and collect all 11 cards.

Greeting cards
Having a box of 10+ DC themed Christmas/Holiday cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, etc. would be so much fun to have and would let me spread my joy and love of DC to all my friends and family.

Stationery
Notepads, journals, folders, wirebound notebooks etc. Having a pad of paper that said ā€œWayne Enterprisesā€ at the top or ā€œFrom the desk of Perry Whiteā€ would be a fun thing to have around the house. Having a notebook with the Wonder Woman logo or Green Lantern symbol on it would be a fun thing to have. Those items would make DC part of my shopping, my work, my play and my day-to-day.

Pens/Pencils
The pencils that have logos all the way down the sides were so fun as a kid and Iā€™d still use those around the house. Having pencils and pens with our favorite DC characters on them would be great.

Cosplay items
Not all of us are crafty but we still want to take part in the fun of dressing up as our favorite heroes (or villains). Having things from complete costumes to accessories would be a great way to make the comic books come to life. Even those of us that are crafty and can make a costume might like an official DC item to accessorize it - a Wonder Woman lasso, a Batman accessory belt, a Green Lantern ring - those would take a great costume and make it legend-(wait for it)-dary!

Masks
Theyā€™re here to stay for many of us and it would be fun to have a DC themed mask to wear to shops, school, work or out and about.

Props from shows/movies
Once a show is done selling off items from the show would be a great way to give us a piece of the DC Universe. It doesnā€™t have to be anything major - though that would be nice - but having something that we saw on the screen in our homes would be a lot of fun.

Jitters/Big Belly Burger/Verdant themed apparel
Speaking of props, a way to bring our favorite shows to life is to have the places our heroes go become something we have as well. A Big Belly Burger t-shirt or a Jitters coffee cup could be a great way to show we donā€™t just love The Flash we LOVE the Flash and the people that get it will know. Itā€™s a conversation starter and a fun item to have.

Coffee cups
I mentioned them a second ago but coffee cups! We all have our morning beverage and what better way to start the day than with a hot cup of something in a DC themed cup? Whether itā€™s Jitters Coffee, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman or Hawkman (a boy can dream) it would be fun to pull that out of the cabinet and start our day with a friendly face.

Flags
Not just Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. but flags that might fly outside of Gotham City Police Department, STAR Labs, the Justice League could be fun to have and to let our friends and neighbors know what we love.

Pet items
I think DC themed dog collars, bowls/dishes, harnesses and bandanas would be great. I have two dogs and one having a Krypto collar and the other having an Ace the Bat Hound collar would be so fun. Dogs are represented in the DC Universe as well, right! Plus you folks own the rights to Scooby-Doo soā€¦itā€™s a natural!

Sleeves for smart devices
Something that fits around an Amazon Alexa device, Google Home device, a HomePod would be an easy way to decorate our house with DC flair.

Phone cases
We all have a cell phone and we all want to protect them. Why not have DC themed cell phone cases that we can use for function and to show our love of DC?

Sunscreens for cars
Itā€™s hot in the summer. We want to keep our cars cool and we can advertise the DC Universe while we do it!

Anything limited edition
Iā€™m a sucker for the words ā€œlimited editionā€ so make 500 of something, put ā€œlimited editionā€ in the title for the item and watch them fly off the shelves!

DC Universe Infinite branded items
I love this place. Iā€™m not the only one. Iā€™d love to show off how much I love this place and advertise it at the same time so why not some DC Universe Infinite themed shirts, hats, notebooks, coffee cups, masks, etc.?

8 Likes

Sick of trying to hunt down Neca Batman prop replicas, if this site would have those easily available for members that would be great. Also good quality drawstring backs with just the DC logo on it and a DC logo keychain.

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve said this before or notā€¦but baseball caps :billed_cap: please :pray:t2:

3 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

Again I say KING SHARK PLUSHIE, in the Harley Quinn TAS form. Just more cuddly. :hugs:

3 Likes

Yes please :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I am definitely down for more comic merchandise. So much seems to be tied to movies, or just the big name characters. Go deeper, go comic, and resist the urge to slap a bunch of ā€œtitle textā€ on an image. (Also, donā€™t just slap movie poster rectangles on a t-shirt and claim itā€™s a t-shirt design)

Iā€™d also like to second the idea of being able to slap customizable licensed images on any product. A certain other comic publisher does this through a partnership with Zazzle; an other other publisher does this with less customizability through Threadless. Maybe DCUI could do something similar?

And Iā€™ll second the request for polo shirts and other torso coverings beyond the tee and tank. Hoodies, tiki shirts, business shirts, capes, pajamas, evening gowns, etc. And athletic gear, too. Thereā€™s so much out there thatā€™s filling this void without licensing, it would be great to have properly licensed gear to throw good money at.

Finally, :kite_man_hell_yeah: :kite_man_hell_yeah: HELL YEAH :kite_man_hell_yeah: :kite_man_hell_yeah: to the King Shark plushie. Iā€™d like one in bean bag chair scale as well. Also, plushie Sylā€™khee, Darkseid, Baby Etrigan, Motherbox, Mr Mind, Brain, Hoppy, Zilius Zox, Warth, Kilowog, and so forthā€¦ (I think Hoppy existed as part of a brief Super Pets doll line, but went from ā€œcoming soonā€ to ā€œsold outā€ so quickly, youā€™d think they were made by hand by someone who only filled one pallet before losing their hands in a freak sewing accident.) Perhaps a Ragdoll ragdoll is in order?

6 Likes

3 Likes

:flushed::flushed: I need this NOW

5 Likes

SAFE replicas of dc gadgets/weapons

• batarang
  • green arrow (not the character)
  • lasso of truth
5 Likes

Just saw that more shirts are being added next month, so Iā€™ve gotta renew my earlier suggestion ā€“ please add items other than shirts/apparel!

2 Likes