has there been a character in a movie, show, or game that you thought was better than the comic version?

Rita is by far the best character in DP, IMO. She is the soul of that show.

6 Likes

Lane Smith as Perry White in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman! He’s my favorite take on the character.

2 Likes

@biff_pow I had JLU green arrow in mind but after reading his rebirth like I think he’s portrayed just the same as the cartoon so I couldn’t say they did it better.

1 Like

Actually the JLU GA drew much from the Bronze Age GL/GA Neal Adams run. From his quips, to a “leftest” sensibility of standing up for the common folk and underrepresented.

2 Likes

For DC, I’d go with Wonder Woman. I never particularly liked Diana in the comics and even less in the New 52, but Gal Gadot just brings so much heart to the character that it’s impossible not to love her. I’d also have to bring up the CW version of Arthur King/Malcolm Merlyn, even though it annoys me that he’s not Scottish in that version (even though the actor is half Scottish). Also the CW version of Prometheus.

For Marvel, I’ll go with Robert Downey Jr’s Tony Stark and the X-Men movie reimagining of William Stryker as the colonel in charge of the Weapon X program instead of just an influential televangelist who hates mutants. Also the reimagining of Thunderbird for The Gifted and how that show portrayed the Stepford Cuckoos more like actual sisters than just clones with a hive mind.

3 Likes

Sportsmaster in Young Justice

5 Likes

Any mark millar characters kick ass ect are better in the movies but tbh I’m not a fan of his writing so I may be bias

@iconsupreme ohhhhhh you’re right, I think that’s the best example so far.

1 Like

Definitely John Diggle in arrow, i hated him in the comics, while in arrow his speeches amd lessons towards Ollie have brought me to shed a tear at times.

2 Likes

@lexcorp didn’t that character originate from the show. Not 100% on if I’m correct.

3 Likes

@reload no he was in a lot of series like zero year, outsiders war, futures end and even rebirth.

Flash fact: that character was created for arrow and named after Andy diggle the writer of green arrow year one which alot of season one was based on

2 Likes

Diggle was only added to the comics after the shows success to try to draw the arrow crowd to the books

4 Likes

I started off not caring for Rita Farr in the show, but god she became so good. Her development is palpable and she doesn’t just experience her change, but actively uses it to help her friends and even strangers.

I… haven’t read DP comics, but judging by everyones’ comments, I assume she’s much better in the show.

3 Likes

Arkham Knight Scarecrow > Batman Begins Scarecrow

2 Likes

I’m torn between Injustice 2 Brainiac and Krypton’s version.

4 Likes

@mrjones kryptons brainiac is amazing

2 Likes

Bane.

I am always tepid on the whole Luchador on super-roids.

But man, Tom Hardy was awesome. I just read his dialogue in the comics in Tom Hardy’s muffled, over- annunciating, shakespearian, instead of “south of the border thug”

6 Likes

Aquaman Jason mamoa made it cool

2 Likes

@gmb I know everyone can have their own opinion but I’m sorry yours is wrong. He’s always been cool

1 Like