has anyone else read Geoff johns current run of Shazam(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

So I am really enjoying this run its been a ton of fun the artworks phenomenal in my oppinion! I am caught up and wanted to hear peoples thoughts and opinions especially about Marys big reveal and Billy’s visitor

I’m also loving the cover art both base and variant issue 6 variant cover is my favorite so far or issue 3 Mr mind cover!

7 Likes

LOVE THIS SERIES RIGHT NOW!! Low key one of the best books DC is putting out there right now. I completely agree about the art as well, it has been amazing!

6 Likes

Yes!! Its been so much fun I wish it wasnt running late and we didnt have to wait on it!
Dceased has been a lot of fun to but itll be over soon I hope shazam stays ongoing for awhile

5 Likes

I’m loving Shazam too! I hope Victor and Rosa are cool with Mary’s reveal and support the kids. I like it better when the Shazamily works together as a team. And I have no idea what’s coming down the pipe with Billy’s visitor, but I don’t think it’ll end well. Can I get your thoughts on the seventh member? Do you think it’s going to be Black Adam? If he’s still powered by the Egyptian gods then I don’t think he’d be the seventh member, but I honestly can’t remember what’s canon at this point. Johns has also been teasing Tawky in the last few issues… he’d be a cool addition. It could also be something out of left field. Darla’s last name is Dudley, so maybe there’s a new uncle coming. The anticipation is killing me!

5 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the current Shazam! series.

After #6, I decided to take a break from it as I wanted to trim down my allotment of new books. When #7 comes out and onward, Shazam’ll be a “catch up with it at a later point” title.

3 Likes

Seems we’re all taking a break from it, whether we want to or not. Issue #7 just got pushed back AGAIN. Now it’s not coming out until September 25. I’m wondering what the hold-up is, and if it has anything to do with the movie sequel getting green-lit. There’s really no new source material for them to use in the Geoff Johns continuity, so maybe they’re taking the time to make the comics “film-ready.”

1 Like

It’s driving me mad with how much it’s getting pushed back!

1 Like

It’s driving me mad with how much it’s getting pushed back!

1 Like

Sorry to be this guy but the paint work in The Power Of Shazam is phenomenal.

1 Like

I’ve only read the first two issues. Unfortunately, with comics hitting $ 3.99 and above, even if you pre order at a discount, comics have become an expensive medium to follow lots of different titles. So SHAZAM was one DC comic I decided to drop.

I’ve only read the first two issues. Unfortunately, with comics hitting $ 3.99 and above, even if you pre order at a discount, comics have become an expensive medium to follow lots of different titles. So SHAZAM was one DC comic I decided to drop.

1 Like

I’m also diggin this run! It’s fun and Eagleshams art is dope too. Geoff has been a busy dude. Not sure how involved he was with Titans S2 but he’s def all in with Stargirl! That’s his baby. Think that the season finale episode was gonna be shot this month or next :thinking:. Plus, there’s post production. I believe that’s why all of GJs books have been delayed: Shazam, Doomsday Clock, and 3 Jokers. 3Js was announced last year and since then no release date has been announced. So GJs been working hard on DCU originals for us. Maybe schedules for his books will go back to normal when he’s done with Stargirl :crossed_fingers:
:bat:

1 Like