Harley's Crew

Dagnabbit, I said I wasn’t going to read the HQ book right away, but then that sneak preview popped up and…well…

tosses another title onto his digital pull list

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

8 Likes

Like hard covers? Single issues are being released in the stores the same day as we get them on DCUI.

6 Likes

While that’s the case for some of the books that have been co-current with print, like the Milestone books, the Harley Quinn book will be released later in print in September.

7 Likes

Very weird. DC has pretty much thrown out the idea of digital firsts and then do this. Truth and Justice being an example where it is digital first but then Justice League: Last Ride is same day digital/stores and originally advertised as Digital First. lol I give up trying to figure this out.

7 Likes

Unlike Joker’s Puzzlebox, the upcoming Harley book is a Batman-related, early DCUI release that I’m now interested in.

Just imagine if it was Black Label though. Someone might leans in and whispers say a swear.

7 Likes

Don’t forget Superman '78 and Batman '89 were originally going to be Digital First titles, too.

Maybe Lonny in Logisitics and Resources had enough and said “Just release them at the same time! I’m pulling my hair out, over here!”

Nah. Lonny is good people. He wouldn’t do that.

7 Likes

Actually it’s the other way around – I’ve seen a lot more swears in this Harley Quinn preview than in any of the Black Label books in the past year or so.

8 Likes

No ****? Well, **** me, then. That’s good to hear, bit**in’, even.

6 Likes

I think the biggest problem is that the digital firsts (Harley: Black, White + Red) weren’t drawn to be digital firsts so the idea was abandoned. I picked up that trade and the art is fantastic and not cut off to fit a screen. So maybe it has to do with the art style?

7 Likes

:man_shrugging: Your guess is as good as mine.

7 Likes

It’s not often when I find something on Facebook that would fit perfectly for here. :rofl:

8 Likes

Some fun designs by artist Mindy Lee:

7 Likes

I haven’t been on in forever so I just wanted to stop in and say hey to my favorite group in the community!! @Razzzcat is gonna kill me for not coming to the watch alongs lately but I have good reason I swear :joy: I started a new career and life’s been a little hectic lately so I haven’t had the time to sit down and enjoy some downtime but things are getting back to normal so I hope to be seeing you guys more often! Hope everything has been well with you all and I look forward to catching up with y’all :grin: if y’all want to dm me and we’ll catch up! @iJest @Reaganfan78 @NovellPaladin @bribriibri @WingsOfAether :wave: sorry if I missed your @… it’s been a while :grimacing:

12 Likes

:diamonds:Dear @Harleys-Crew!
We have urgent business! Two things we’ve all been waiting patiently for:

First, HQAS: The Eat Bag Kills Tour has arrived! Stop by :point_down: HERE to discuss! :00_harlivy: :poisonivy_hqas: :harleyquinn_hqas:

NEXT: :boom: The Suicide Squad! :boom: Our watch-along/Crew B-Day party is next Monday. :harleys_crew: :birthday: :00_suicide_squad: Mark it on your calendars! :green_heart:

15 Likes

Looks like I’m back just in time @Razzzcat! I’m putting it on the calendar right now :grin:

12 Likes

I feel I’m getting a case of the Mondays, alright…

…a case of The Suicide Squad Mondays! :tada: :00_suicide_squad2: :confetti_ball:

does an Office Space-style breakdance to celebrate

11 Likes

@TheDankKnight1939!! It’s been forever! This :hugs: :harleys_crew: And this :mailbox_with_mail: And this

11 Likes

Heyyy @TheDankKnight1939 !! Good to see you! Congrats on your new career, that’s really great! I hope you’re enjoying it despite being busy.

11 Likes

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

9 Likes

I’d say it’s “bang”, but given the context (or, the context I choose to accept that word under, at least), “bag” works just as well, really. :smirk: :wink:

7 Likes