Harley's Crew

:diamonds:Hey @Harleys-Crew!
Got another club crossover coming up in August (next week), and #dcfac needs our help w/ an art project! :tada:

d6e47e45252cf97e96355d69ec0e2a15

Aside from the obvious candidates: :0_poison_ivy_tas::0_catwoman: Who do you think would be a guest at Harley’s B-Day party?

Bonus Q: (including Ivy & Selina) what would they bring to the party or what kind of gift would they give her? Where would the party be? Let us know below! :point_down::purple_heart:

So far, I just know I’d like to see some Starro pool floaties, and King. :kinghsark_grinhqtas:

Ps. ICYMI: :00_harlivy: THIS shows up in the DCUI LIBRARY next week!
HQAS: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour: 1 :boom: 8/3/2021

16 Likes

Dr. Hugo Strange and Dr. Jonathan Crane (Scarecrow). These two are peeps from within Harls’ professional community pool, colleagues as it were, and I’m sure they’d all jump eagerly into some shop talk and note comparing whilst enjoying some B-Day cake. :+1:

I def see Strange bringing a fancypants bottle of expensive wine and perhaps maybe a first edition copy of Jung’s book Analytical Psychology as a B-Day gift for Harls. Crane would probably bring a Laserdisc copy of A Nightmare On Elm Street signed by Robert Englund as a B-Day present along with some goofy hallucinogenic party poppers for everybody :laughing:. As far as locales go I see the shindig taking place at the Iceberg Lounge- simple planning, easy to book venue, nothing complicated. All the guests know the place so I’m quite sure it’d pack up pretty well in honor of Gotham’s fave psychologist turned antihero turned superhero. :smiley: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleys_crew:

10 Likes

I’m not sure who I think, but I’d like to see Bane there. I mean he was at the wedding so…also Sheryl, in an off duty capacity. I think if she let loose she’d be fun. Barbara , as long as she didn’t bring or report back to her dad. What happens at the party, stays at the party. :shushing_face:

:thinking: Hmm, I see Bane bringing some Brie cheese thing and maybe a char… fancy meat and cheese tray thing. Sheryl = Patron, and Barbara a spinach dip bowl thing. I don’t know why but I do. Now where? Someplace outside since the city’s still recovering from Darkseids demons. Maybe if it wasn’t red tagged the Crews place to contain the noise. And for some reason Frank and King Shark hangin with the DJ, (Coachella musta really affected KS :rofl:) and I can hear Ron Finches voice, “You know what would sound good right now, some Beyoncé :grin:

5 Likes

Harley’s Crew Storytime!

My mom last week: finds out that The Suicide Squad is coming out “There’s a new Suicide Squad movie coming out?”

Me, who has known for a few years now: nods “mhmm”

Mom: “whens it coming out?”

Me: “August 6th”

Mom: “I’ll order tickets NOW!”

My mom this week, talking to friend: mentions going to the movies for some some reason

Friend: “Whatcha gonna go see?”

Mom: casually “Suicide Squad”.

Friend: “… well that doesn’t sound warm and fuzzy” :flushed:

Bless my mom who is a part of the general audience and will probably be asking me “who’s that?” a lot.

… So who’s ready for August 6th guys? :grin:

9 Likes

Like 12:01 AM ready… :grin:

7 Likes

Hmm…King Shark is a definite. What he would bring…probably something from the sea, maybe a pearl that’s shaped like a flower or something? Or if that doesn’t work, maybe some Spanish gold from the bottom of the ocean, just don’t spend it all at once.

He certainly wouldn’t be invited and he probably wouldn’t come, but I’d like to think Batman would know about the party and give her a card, something along the lines of “Just try not to get into too much trouble,” with a dartboard shaped like a certain ex they both despise because there’s no bond stronger than one over mutual hate. :laughing:

That was an awesome surprise. :smiley:

That reminds me, if you haven’t heard of the artist of this book, Max Sarin, I highly recommend her work on the indie series Giant Days over at Boom. It’s quirky, hilarious and heartfelt, a perfect fit for anyone who was a fan of the animated series.

Heh, funny you should mention those two when in recent comics they’ve both been antagonists for Harley.

I might be ready even sooner, I did reserve seats for an early screening! It’s not certain I’ll go, because of other real life stuff going on, but it’s a pretty decent possibility.

9 Likes

Probably Superman. Harley has run into him before, afterall.

Mechanical toothbrushes? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Chocolate? Oh! snaps fingers, Snapper Carr-style How about new roller derby gear? You can never be too stocked up on that stuff (or so I imagine, as I’ve never participated in roller derby).

Warrior’s would be a good spot.

If you don’t know of Warrior’s, it’s Guy Gardner’s bar, which is open to all of the superhuman community, not just those associated with the GLC.

Just Imagine™…Harley finding a GL ring and the fun she’d have with it. Now that’s a great story just waiting to be told.

Hmm…:thinking: You know, I wasn’t planning on reading this right away, but since it, like the new Milestone books, is showing up on DCUI bright and early, I just might give it a gander, afterall.

Especially if it’s profane and or has the adultiness that the series has. Profanity + adultiness + HQ and friends=FUN (as evidenced by a certain TV series we’re all quite, quite fond of).

5 Likes

I’m not sure if it will – it doesn’t seem to be in Black Label and honestly, I’m not even sure if they would do that kind of content there anymore.

Like, I read the newest issue of Strange Adventures last night (or technically this morning – it’s been a couple days, guys) and without getting into spoilers, there’s this huge argument with a lot of profanity. It doesn’t feel excessive because it felt authentic for the situation that was going on. Or it would have if it wasn’t all blanked out in that whole #@$! style.

Like, I get that in titles like, say, the regular Batman title can’t have too much adult content. But if you can’t have language in a Black Label book that’s, erm, labeled for mature readers, then what’s the #@$!ing point?

Sorry if I got in a bit of a rant mode.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m 99.99% certain it won’t go as far as the show does (dagnabbit and consarn it!), but a guy can hope, all the same. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Can it be someone who’s not on the show (yet)? If so, can I be obvious and say Kate? I don’t know if they’d be necessarily friends, but I would just love to see them interact! As for a gift… :thinking: Tickets to the next Gotham Jazz Fest?

7 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I just realized a great party guest for the Harley Party… Power Girl.

We all remember Power Girl, right? I mean, how could we not? :smirk:

9 Likes

I’ve been ready since last year!

8 Likes

YES.

46df8c19531925af258082549514938e

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1: She and Pam could go together.

7 Likes

I would love and adore the crew of HQ if they gave Dr. Shay Veritas some time in the spotlight. She’s a wicked-cool scientist and she’s never been seen in animation before.

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd Karen would be most welcome. Especially in the play pit or on the trampo-

is playfully pulled off-stage, then told to “stop being a silly boy” and to sit in the corner for five minutes

Fine. Can I have some Ovaltine at least? I’ve been good (mostly).

8 Likes

Hey, I’m not judging here, I think everyone knows how I feel about great fictional characters. :wink:

8 Likes

So…can I stop sitting in the corner, then? We’re way past the five minute mark, afterall. :stopwatch:

sees Karen motion to him from the ball pit

Pweeez? :pleading_face:

I’ll take the trash out early, plus I did my homework while sitting in the corner (sitting in the corner Ovaltine-less, I might add :dizzy_face:).

sees Karen waving him over

Can I?

8 Likes

To quote Harley Quinn from the Arkham Asylum game: “Aw what the heck? I’ll cut you a break!”

swipes keycard and opens cell door for ya

8 Likes

Oh, goody, goody, gumdrops! :grin: :grin:

stops and turns around

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd Can…can Phoebe come too, please?

8 Likes

Of course, it’s a party, the more the merrier :partying_face:

8 Likes