Harley's Crew

I could never get on board with Leto’s Joker somehow getting a Harley. Now Nicholson’s Joker…makes WAY too much sense!

6 Likes

Leto totally misunderstood s’rekoJ ehT motivation.

6 Likes

*Sarcasm activated * Really? I thought the whole point of the Joker is mailing people sex toys and dead rats while being an obnoxious prick.

5 Likes

I liked Leto’s Joker. If you interpret The Joker as the world’s most extreme performance artist, then it makes sense. Many performance and pop artists try to shock their audience to make a point or, cynically, to get attention. People can interpret that as being pretty obnoxious. Factor in current pop culture, fashion trends, and effect of social media and I 100% get Leto’s interpretation. Joker by way of Instagram performance artist. Pop murder. It’s not the Joker we’re used to seeing or the one that people were hoping for. But, considering Joker’s M.O., I found it a valid take.

And it’s okay to make The Joker annoying because you shouldn’t really like him… he’s The Joker. And, unfortunately, guys like that can attract the Harleys of the world. They just don’t get to keep them once the Harleys see who they really are.

7 Likes

I can dig it. :+1:

5 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

:diamonds: Hey there @Harleys-Crew
Remember waaaaay back last Summer when HBOMax was supposed to get Mayhem in the Multiverse, :eyes: but it never arrived and we had to cancel the finale of our WAL?

WELL! It’s finally landed, so we are going to wrap up our movie series! Join us! :tv: :tada: JUNE 5th @ 6pm right :point_down: HERE.

Ps. :coffee:

15 Likes

I couldn’t get the submission to go through! :sob: It’s Jenny Frison too! :rose:

Ooooh :star_struck: Thanks @Jay_Kay! I’ve been eyeing this one too.

https://www.xm-studios.com/products/harley-quinn-batman-white-knight-regular-ver.aspx

12 Likes

Just read the Pride anthology issue, and of course, Harley and Ivy have one. This one also had Crush as a character. Definitely worth the read

11 Likes

Excellent! Harley thanks you! ( @ejdias.95910 too :heart:)

11 Likes

I’m downplaying how excited I am to watch this :laughing: but it’s hands down the #1 movie for me this summer. :dancer:t2: And Blue Beetle. :beetle: :dc: Sorry Flash. You feel more and more like a rental every minute people try to sell your movie with…Batman instead of you.

10 Likes

Yay! :dancing_women:

8 Likes

10 Likes

IMG_5459
:green_heart: :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas: :clayface_grinhqtas::frank_grinhqtas: :kinghsark_grinhqtas: :banehappyhqtas: :drpsycho_smirkhqtas: :cobb_squad: #27MoreSeasons

12 Likes

:100: Agree. In context of the (very Urban-style) movie, there’s nothing wrong w/ Leto’s Joker, and I didn’t dislike his portrayal.

We could argue that every version of the Joker (or any character that has made it to the big screen, for that matter) missed the mark in one way or another, :woman_shrugging:t2: so singling him out is just kinda nit-picky, imo. I’ll always hate the way he treats :diamonds: Harley, of course, and want him no where near her, but Joker is Joker. His purpose is to push our buttons and reject the status quo. Leto did his duty, as far as I’m concerned…But that’s me! :laughing: Interpretation is varied, as you mentioned. Plenty of people don’t favor Jack or Michael Keaton, or want to be negative about Gaga before they even watch her, for instance.

Like always, I will mention that there are multiple generations of consumers w/ money to spend—all w/ varied backgrounds, too, so nostalgia doesn’t work on everyone, and we aren’t all going to agree. That’s just a #ScienceFact. :balance_scale: That’s why variety and diversity matters.

Honestly, (not unlike my feelings toward :expressionless: Ezra Miller) I’m far more concerned about his method behind-the-scenes and how that affected his cast mates.

Ps. (While we’re on the subject)

:diamonds: TY for your service, Ms. Robbie! :saluting_face:
I’ll take all the Harls I can get, true. And yes, I’m a big fan regardless of your DC affiliation, but to me, you are both a great producer and literally perfect as Harley, and I believe you‘ve got the range and understanding to do all manner of glorious things with her in the future. Both on and off screen, tbh. :green_heart: We are lucky to have you. (:eyes: Please don’t leave and please let her stay, WB!)

15 Likes

Aw man, now you have her all embarassed and flushed - she can barely speak!

harley-quinn-margot-robbie

11 Likes

I’ve posted these in 2 other spots, now I need to post here too lol. I had same one posted on just gorgeous with all of these.

12 Likes

Annnnd that maybe cuts to a big reason people didn’t like Leto’s Joker because it may not have been so very different from how the actor who played him really is. And, yeah, that sucks but still a valid way to play it…

6 Likes

Putting the topic of method acting aside…I’m behind different takes on someone like Joker. Multiple adaptations on the same mythos should do something to make it more unique. But every good adaptation of a character has to have a fundamental understanding on said character.

When I see Leto’s Joker, I see someone simply pretending to be him. He acts more like a wanna-be gangster boss. He isn’t funny, isn’t intimidating and…he has the word “Damaged” written on his forehead. I mean-come on!

8 Likes

I just looked. She confirmed for scooper Daniel Richtman that she will continue to play Harley in future projects post-Flash regardless of whether or not she gets cast as Sue Storm in the MCU.

6 Likes