Harley's Crew

Hello and good to meet you!
I have a Harley-related query for you… Can anyone explain to me why the Harley Quinn Omnibus Vol. 3 only includes the Rebirth series up to issue #34? Why would they not include issues #35 - #42? I’m debating getting this volume, but it seems they have left it incomplete… I’m just curious if anyone has any insight into this.
Thank you!

8 Likes

Upon some little reflection, it occurs to me the reason is the different artist and writer involved in those latter 7 issues… So, I suppose I just answered my own question… Thanks anyways!
I considered deleting my post, but I’ll leave it up in case anyone else wonders this or has more reflections.

8 Likes

i don’t know how long it’ll last, but Birds of Prey blu ray is currently $6 on Amazon!

11 Likes

For those of you who like to analyze characters, I found one on Harley Quinn that really hits the nail! I’ve been watching The Take’s channel for a few weeks now, so if you like looking at different character tropes and all that fun film analysis stuff, I recommend checking them out as well. Not only does it help me understand archetypes as a writer, but it also helps with my college film class too.

8 Likes

Welcome to the DCU @ThulrVO! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you, @DC89!
I’m new to this whole world, in a way, and I’m curious to explore something new.

8 Likes

Welp, welcome to Harley’s Crew. :smiley: This group is brimming with super awesome DCU community peeps and lot’s of fun stuff- this group ROCKS :tada:

8 Likes

This review is so spot on!!!
First, I LOVED this film! My only critique has been stated by others: I must admit, I wish Harley had been portrayed as a little more unhinged. She seemed a bit too sane somehow… Overall, it was a wonderful film, and my fingers are crossed for another Harley film with Margot Robbie.

7 Likes

At the very least we’ll probably get to see her steal some scenes in The Suicide Squad. :smiley:

7 Likes

Reflecting on the myriad points of sexism leading to undeservedly poor reviews, this is reminding me of the 2016, female reboot of Ghostbusters. That film was easily as funny, engaging, and generally great as the original, and yet it’s reviews were mostly awful, and many of those reviews seemed to be coming from a similar place to some of the points this guy is making about reviews of Birds of Prey.

6 Likes

I just posted on the “Collection Requests” thread for a Harley Quinn Omnibus Vol. 4 that would collect Issues #35-75 plus whatever odds and ends they may think or want to add that have come out since her 3rd Omnibus volume. I encourage you all to like and comment on it, in case that would help get their attention…
:diamonds: :grin: :diamonds:

6 Likes

For those who are newer to the DC site, the post can be found at: “Suggestion Box” on the DC Universe Community page > Comic Books Feedback > MASTER TOPIC: Comic Book Collection Requests.

6 Likes

New reading and games…n’ THINGS…come check it out! :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Good morning the Harley’s Crew friends!

9 Likes

Good morning @DC89 how are you today? :sun_with_face:

7 Likes

Hello friend @iJest. I am feeling the wonderful this AM- thank you for asking. (I am also channeling Starfire as well :smile:)

8 Likes

Yaay~ :rainbow: :smiley_cat: It’s gearing up to be a good day! Lol “feeling the wonderful” xD Star is so cute. Nothing wrong with being pleasant and happy 24/7.

8 Likes

gr-sf

Luv Star so much. :smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

So, February solicits came in, and like many years previous, DC is doing a Valentine’s Day special called “Love Is a Battlefield,” and guess who’s the cover stars? :smiley:

written by CAVAN SCOTT, ANDREW WHEELER, CRYSTAL FRASER, and REGINE SAWYER
art by JOSE LUIS, CRYSTAL FRASIER, REGINE SAWYER, and others
cover by KAARE ANDREWS
PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 2/9/21
$9.99 US | 80 PAGES | FC | DC
BLAM! KRACK! POW! Look out—it’s…love?! Falling in love is rough, even for DC’s greatest. Watch as Batman and Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, Mister Miracle and Big Barda, and all the rest of your OTPs fight in vain against the all-powerful forces of romance (and super-villains)! Even Amanda Waller fights the urge to bail on her mystery date. We guarantee that this Valentine’s Day, someone’s taking a shot to the heart—from Cupid’s bow!

9 Likes

Ivy’s head is… in a position… :eyes:

7 Likes