Harley's Crew

I have to do this now :smirk_cat:

(ahem)
Dear Batman,

Summary

8 Likes

See?! It’s terrible!

7 Likes

This conversation is me deciding quiet agreement is a better course of action than actually saying anything.

6 Likes

6 Likes

lol, @msgtv I definitely I don’t mind either in general. Once fighting crime comes into play, that’s another thing. But you’re perfectly free to acknowledge general attractiveness—especially because I don’t disagree. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

No, I was referring to make Cat a very happy :smiley: woman. But, I think I’m on safe ground saying ‘it’s better to give…’

5 Likes

So many thoughts to convey, but soooo don’t want to feel the wrath of the mods. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Everywhere is where we reside :eyes:

6 Likes

For once I’m going to help deflect the waves of potential mod wrath by pivoting to some neat news. Today was announced we’re getting another new Suicide Squad Black Label book by the creative team of the most recent Hellblazer series that involves Harley, King Shark, Captain Boomerang and Peacemaker being tasked to watch over a group of soldiers who are given superpowers at the cost that they only have six months to live after.

5 Likes

Oh, and one other big thing happened with Harley today…

6 Likes

HEY! :smiley: HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Jay_Kay !

…but quick, toss that candle as far as you can. :flushed:

8 Likes

Happy B-Day @Jay_Kay!

5 Likes

Oh @Jay_Kay! Happy Bee_Day! :hugs:

5 Likes

Hey @Jay_Kay happy birthday :smile_cat:

happybdaydoggo

5 Likes

Thanks for the birthday wishes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thought I’d share this and give out a possible theory.

So ahead of the AMA for this community, Stephanie Phillips did one for the DC Comics subreddit, and a lot of the questions were about her Harley Quinn series. Some notable highlights from it in relation to Harley:

• She considers the Palmiotti/Conner run to be in continuity with her series, a previous chapter in her life that’s different from her current chapter, but still influences where she is today. When asked if there’s a chance to see any of the Coney Island crew again, she said “There’s always a possibility!”

• When asked about the new characters Kevin and Keepsake, she said that she wanted those two and Harley to represent different viewpoints of people who have worked with The Joker and how it’s affected them, and how they contrast with Harley’s path of redemption.

• She also mentioned that Kevin is named off a dog who has a profile on Instagram called A Golden Named Kevin. I’m mostly sharing this part because I love this dog like he’s one of my own.

• When asked if she prefers Harley as an anti-hero or villain, she replied: “I think Harley is fun no matter what because she’s always HER. She has a unique way of dealing with any situation and she will solve a problem in a way that I don’t think any other DC character could. Writing her as a hero has been really fun because she has an impulse to do something bad and has to try to reign herself in, sometimes more successfully than others.”

• She talks about future issues – issue #10 will extensively deal with Harley’s relationship with Poison Ivy, and issues #11-12 will be about Harley trying to deal with a more traditional “superhero” problem in a way that a Batman would and the problems that come from that.

• When asked who she would love Harley to team up with if she got to pick, she said she got to pick and won’t say anything because we will see them team up in 2022.

• Speaking of which, Stephanie says several times that there is a big event happening with Harley coming next year. She also specifically talks about it when mentioning the issue with Poison Ivy: “Harley issue #10 will be a dedicated issue to their relationship and there are lots of things happening with Ivy, but I can’t talk too much more about it. I think readers will be pretty excited in 2022.”

Okay, so with that in mind – an issue dedicated to Harley/Ivy and a big event in 2022, I’m calling it right now: The Wedding of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.

Here’s a link to the AMA if you want to read more of her general thoughts as well as stuff about her Wonder Woman mini, creator-owned work, and more:

6 Likes

Oh, and here’s the Harley themed solicits for February!

First off, while I doubt she’s in these issues, I wanted to show off the Lee Bermejo covers for Detective Comics that feature her because…Lee Bermejo.

Then there’s the solicit for the upcoming Suicide Squad mini I mentioned:

SUICIDE SQUAD: BLAZE #1

• Written by SIMON SPURRIER
  • Art and cover by AARON CAMPBELL
  • Variant cover by MATÍAS BERGARA
  • $6.99 US | 48 pages | 1 of 3 | 8 ½" x 10 7/8"
  • Prestige Plus
  • ON SALE 2/8/22
  • 17+
  • The attacks begin without warning. Brutal, sudden…cannibalistic. A metahuman with all the power of Superman but none of his humanity. An unstoppable being ruled only by hunger and instinct, striking at random across the world. To stop this threat, Harley Quinn, Peacemaker, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark have been assigned to corral, nursemaid, and if necessary execute five deadly new recruits: the expendable products of a secret government procedure called BLAZE. They’re ordinary prisoners, endowed with incredible power…and the certain knowledge that it’ll burn through them like wildfire. They have six months to live, maximum. If you’re staring down life in prison, maybe that’s a good deal—especially if you’re Michael Van Zandt, desperate to reunite with the mad lover who forsook you after your Bonnie-and-Clyde crime spree.
  • But that power? It’s surprisingly transferable. As each member of the Squad dies…the others get stronger. What would a hardened criminal do with that knowledge? Worse yet: What would a desperate, lovesick idiot do with it? One thing’s certain: this time the Suicide Squad’s bitten off more than it can chew. Win or lose—they all burn.
  • Simon Spurrier and Aaron Campbell, the creative team behind the critically acclaimed John Constantine: Hellblazer, have been turned loose on the one DC title even more horrific and blackhearted than that one! We suggest you brace yourselves…

Of course there’s going to be a Valentine’s Day One-Shot and Harley features on both covers:

WEIRD LOVE TALES #1

• Written by REX OGLE, RICH DOUEK, COLLIN KELLY, JACKSON LANZING, RAM V, STEPHANIE PHILLIPS, DEVIN GRAYSON, and others
  • Art by GERALDO BORGES, CHRISTIAN DUCE, PHIL HESTER, ANDE PARKS, JON SOMMARIVA, ROGER ROBINSON, and others
  • Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
  • Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
  • $9.99 US | 80 pages | One-shot | Perfect bound
  • ON SALE 2/8/22
  • Ahhhh! Can you smell that? Love is in the air again, and we’re here to warm your heart and brighten your soul with eight timeless tales of…weird love? Sorry, hold on, I just need to read that again. Yup, that says weird love. Well, all right. Looks like we’ve got stories of a love as old as Jurassic time on Dinosaur Island, a bromance between Peacemaker and his eagle sidekick Eagly, and a first date you never saw coming. Oh wow, these really do sound sweet and heartwarming! So c’mon, let your freak flag fly and get weird this Valentine’s Day with us for Weird Love Tales #1!

A great variant cover for Dark Knights of Steel #4:

Her on-going book:

HARLEY QUINN #12

• Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS
  • Art and cover by RILEY ROSSMO
  • Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
  • 1:25 variant cover by RIAN GONZALES
  • $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
  • ON SALE 2/22/22
  • If Superman had to deal with a bomb on a runaway train barreling toward Gotham, he’d just throw the whole thing into outer space like a football. Zatanna would do some cool magic thing. Aquaman would, like, summon an army of bomb-defusing dolphins or something. But I’m Harley Quinn…and I can’t do any of those things. So how am I gonna defuse the bomb, save Kevin, and stop Keepsake from destroying Gotham? Well…I’m workin’ on it, okay? Don’t rush me! But I’ve definitely, certainly, without a doubt got it handled. Probably.

The conclusion to the Eat, Bang, Kill Tour:

HARLEY QUINN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: THE EAT. BANG! KILL. TOUR #6

• Written by TEE FRANKLIN
  • Art and cover by MAX SARIN
  • Variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
  • $3.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 6 | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
  • ON SALE 2/8/22
  • 17+
  • Ivy seeks out Vixen’s help to defeat Mephitic and save Harley before time runs out! Meanwhile, Gordon gets an anonymous invitation to Detroit. And a new friend changes the way Ivy views relationships in this series finale!

And since he’s tangentially related, look at this adorable King Shark variant by Tim Seeley:

6 Likes

If Superman was created by Vince McMahon that is exactly what he would be wearing.

5 Likes

Is that a Christmas sweater? :laughing:

4 Likes

To The Best Crew,

6 Likes