Harley's Crew

New Ivy-art things! :green_heart: Come by this week!

7 Likes

Cute!

7 Likes

Since we’re talking about Ivy a lot as well, thought I’d show this here:

Poison Ivy: Thorns, a new YA OGN written by Kody Keplinger and drawn by Sara Kipin.

It’ll come out in June 2021 for 16.99.

8 Likes

YES YES YES so much YES! :purple_heart:

And hopefully six months later on DCUI!

6 Likes

Beautiful Harley’s peeps! Join us, you guessed it, next Monday, here:

We also crossed that century mark and we are now 101 strong!

8 Likes

:diamonds:Dear @Harleys-Crew, Check it out! :movie_camera: :popcorn:

I’ll have a thread for the Suicide Squad countdown after the new year…but mark it on your calendars anyway! :partying_face:

Ps. Here’s a thing :wilted_flower: to read:

18 Likes

This article post is super awesome @Razzzcat- thx for upping it. :purple_heart: :+1:

I kept trying to tell everyone back in the 1990s and 2000s that Ives is one of the most dangerous foes that not only the BMan but that the entire Justice League needed to be wary of, but my take kept getting marginalized. That is until the peeps that I was talking to finally dug in and read up on her. It’s like I always say- don’t mess with Mother Nature.

13 Likes

@DC89

I have always felt the same lol
:raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4: You said it best, it’s as simple as “Do not mess with Mother Nature”. People do not understand just how deadly she is and the high caliber of her abilities!

9 Likes

Looking forward to day and date theatrical/HM releases. I can check something out at home first, and if I like it enough, go see it in the theater afterward, knowing I’ll fully enjoy the whole shebang!

Now, we just need HM on Roku. Do eeet, WarnerMedia. P/T. :clark_hv_4:

5 Likes

I can’t recommend the new Chromecast with Google TV enough! Make it your little Xmas treat!

5 Likes

Worth it just for HM though, even after its addition to Roku?

Googles reviews on the above product

5 Likes

Absolutely, much better than Roku (which I’ve had for ages). It’s what I’ve always wanted, it combines all of your streaming services into one unified thing. The “For You” section will recommend stuff based on your account and the services you subscribe to. Or, just as an example, I watched The Witches on HBO Max and marked that I watched and liked it, in the interface, now it recommends me other witchy movies in a section “If you liked The Witches” from my other services like Hulu and Netflix and Disney+. It’s awesome!

5 Likes

I’m intrigued. What’s the price for it? I’m seeing different models/prices on Google and Amazon.

4 Likes

Also, if you have an Amazon FireStick, you can subscribe to the HBO Max “Channel” on Prime Video, which gives you full HBO Max access via your FireStick.
I prefer the FireStick to the Google Chrome Cast, because with the FireStick, you do not need your computer, whereas with the Chrome Cast, you need your computer, because it is essentially a comptuer wireless display adapter for your TV.

5 Likes

It should just be $49.99, I got mine at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/chromecast-with-google-tv-4k-snow/6425976.p?skuId=6425976

I got the white version, but it also comes in pink and blue. You won’t see the thing itself, but the remote matches the color.

Also, it gives you free YouTube Premium for I think 3 months.

5 Likes

Interesting, very interesting. So, do you still use your Roku or did the new Chromecast replace it?

4 Likes

The Roku is on another small bedroom TV, but our new 4K TV we got for Thanksgiving has the Google TV and everyone is enjoying it a lot! Can’t wait to watch Wonder Woman 1984 in 4K and Dolby Vision, which this little box supports!

5 Likes

No computer needed. You can set up your Google TV using the Google Home app on your phone. It’s super fast.

5 Likes

My only hesitation in getting Chromecast (which I’ve thought of for a while) is that after HM is available on Roku (I’m 100% sure it will be by the 25th, especially if they worked out a deal with Amazon recently), it would then become redundant and not needed any longer due to Roku having the service along with my not needing two things that are essentially the same.

Still, I’ll keep it mind. Thanks for the info. :clark_hv_4: :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Sure, you’re welcome! I suggest watching some reviews on YouTube so you can see the interface in action. That’s the advantage it has over Firestick or Roku, it’s a completely different idea. Once you download your streaming apps and sign into them, that’s when the Google TV really shines, like I said. If the personalized recommendations from all of your services on one screen aren’t that big of a deal and you’ll just be going from app to app, which you can also do here, then it’s not as big of a deal. But I like seeing the recommendations and you can also search for movies and it shows you which of your services you can watch it on, if any. It’s really cool!

6 Likes