For WAL consideration. :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

“Yeah. Never again. Sorry.” :laughing: Ive :poison_eyebrowhqtas: :green_heart:

:00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

5 Likes

Best break-up scene OAT. Mm hmm. :fist:

:00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

5 Likes

You’re right! :point_up_2:THAT! We want that! Don’t make Frank cry, WB! :green_heart:

Wait. We need a King gif too…‘I wanna teach you love!

:eyes: Can’t not drop this here…

7 Likes

:diamonds: Dearest Crew,
‘Member when we read the first few issues of Elvira’s House of Mystery w/ our friends at House of Horror? Good! Because they are reading more this month! :ghost: :tada: Stop by and say hello…

8 Likes

I’ve been less and less of a fan of Grace’s takes in recent times (she doesn’t like Baby Leia on Kenobi which, I feel, should be subject to a hefty fine :laughing:) but this was curious:

6 Likes

If you want a more official take on this, THR has also talked about it, saying that this new movie might have a musical element to it.

That would be…unexpected and yet kinda not? I mean, when you think about it, music and dancing did play a huge role in the first movie. But I do like the idea that they’re continuing to be experimental and playing with different genres we rarely see with “superhero” films. It would have been so easy to just rest on their laurels and just did more of what they did before.

5 Likes

Oh, and I’ve seen this fan art going around that makes this idea all the more interesting:

Also, popular fan artist BossLogic tweeted this:

7 Likes

I’m not cool with this. At all. Now, disclaimer: y’all know that I’m over the moon for Harls in every iteration and in every way, so pleez don’t infer that I’m downing her in my observation here, ‘cuz I’m not and never would :purple_heart: :00_harley_quinn:. M’kay, so with that said- how’s Lady Gaga just gonna’ roll up and insert herself into a role that Arleen Sorkin pioneered, that Tara Strong perfected, that Kaley Cuoco has brought a brilliant and unforgettable spin to, and that Margot Robbie has brought to life on the screen in breathtakingly amazing fashion? Uh uh. This is TOTALLY a privileged and entitled actor just sort of glomming onto something that she has no real stake in and is just probably looking to come up on a big payday for themselves with. :unamused: Not to mention the fact that there will two actors in live action rotation in the part, a situation that might cause confusion with audiences and over saturation of Harls’ brand. Bale and Affleck weren’t in concurrent rotation when they played live action B’Man, so why’s Robbie gotta’ do it as Harls? Am I saying that Robbie should get the role in Joker 2? No, her interpretation of Harls doesn’t fit with Todd Phillips’s vision of the Joker storyline, so she would more than likely be square pegging in the part. Look, this story takes place early on in the Joker’s career, a time in which Harls wasn’t in the picture, so why not just stick with that direction instead of shoehorning Germanotta into the Harls role and seeing what happens? REALLY hoping that either Phillips or Phoenix nixes this terrible idea in the bud quickly. This is a bad idea, WB. Bad idea indeed.

5 Likes

DC’s announced an oversized one-shot and series of variant covers for Harley Quinn’s 30th anniversary in September!

7 Likes
6 Likes

Hmm, that was interesting. I kinda agree on at least one point, Gaga could be a pretty good Ivy. I’d still pitch the cast of HQ TAS in a live action version. I mean what’s one more version but let the shows writers write it since they started their version and would know best in what direction to steer it. This is all just spitballing of course. Hopefully they wouldn’t screw it up trying for PG13. Straight up R rated all the way.

6 Likes

Same. I’m down for pretty much whatever James Gunn wants to do. :popcorn: And I’m a big Lady Guh-GAH fan, so I’m not going to pretend I have a problem with her playing either Harley or Ivy. :laughing:

We don’t know the timeline, and I don’t think they should jump right in to that relationship, but depending on where it takes place, in a Todd Phillips movie, I could :100: totally see it working.

:thinking: I wouldn’t say no to her as Ivy, either. :poisonivy_hqas: Depends on the project, of course, but if it were to be w/ Ms. Robbie, that is up to Ms. Robbie to sense the chemistry. She has earned my trust. :diamonds::green_heart:

This calls for some tunage now… :notes:

I appreciate what you’re saying, but I don’t agree. We can’t hold to the past so tightly we don’t allow progress and for new people and ideas to get a shot. :balance_scale: The very things we both love wouldn’t exist without that opportunity (HQAS, DCSHG, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, DP, BOP and a handful of things coming down the pipeline). I don’t trust that they would be happening without these things coming first and proving that we don’t always need Batman.

And I absolutely don’t view her as either of those things. She’s trying to work like everybody else. She isn’t an established actor, imo. (We could say the same for Joaquin Phoenix or Robert Pattinson or Michael Keaton or any actor who is recognizable). If she tests and fits with her co-star, and the director sees what he needs, then that makes her the right one for HIS vision. Directors are the artists in the end. It’s up to them to edit and dress and craft the film. If his story is set in a period that works for Harls, I trust him to deliver another great movie. :diamonds: If there can be multiple Batmen and Jokers, there can be multiples of everyone else, too, imo. :green_heart:

11 Likes

Love or hate this potential casting, I think this is pretty funny. :smiley:

6 Likes

:diamonds: Dear @Harleys-Crew, we have very special set of WALs lined up for the end of the month—hope to see you there! :tada:

13 Likes

:laughing: :clayface_grinhqtas: :black_heart:

9 Likes

Yay!

6 Likes

Lady Gaga as Harls… hmm…

Well, first, I’ve gone on record saying that I don’t even think there should be a Joker 2. I’m sticking by that. I really don’t think there’s anything further to say with that cinematic world. The first Joker was enough and really felt self-contained to me, so I’m not into DC going through with this.

That being said, I get it: Joker is $$$! So this Joker 2 movie is happening. Since it is happening, I’m kind of glad that they’re keeping Margot Robbie’s Harley away from it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Margot Robbie’s Harley. It blew me away back in the first Suicide Squad movie. It made me say, “Yes, this is the perfect live-action Harley.” And it’s a fun portrayal of Harley. Margot has made that character so much fun in the Suicide Squad movies and Birds of Prey.

And that is the one thing that the Joker movie isn’t: Fun. The world of that Joker film is bleak and serious and menacing. It’s whatever the opposite of fun is. I’m not saying Margot couldn’t adjust her Harley performance to fit that world. I’m sure she could. I’m just not sure I want to see that for fear it might interfere with how I see/enjoy Margot’s Harley as it has been.

So, if there HAS to be a Joker 2, I’m generally alright with Lady Gaga being its Harley. Honestly, I’ve never seen anything she’s acted in outside of music videos, and I don’t know all that much about the Lady Gaga in general. But, just from interviews and stuff, I can kind of see it. I’m willing to give it a go if there HAS to be a Joker 2…

6 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up, @TheCosmicMoth Initially, when I heard Margot would not be playing Harls, my initial reaction was “Nope. I’m not going to bother even watching this film. No one could possibly do Harley Quinn justice following Margot, especially since she is still RIGHT THERE TO BE CAST!!” I was frustrated and saddened… but after reflecting on your point about the darker tone of the Joker film, when I try to imagine Margot’s Harley, it feels like a backpedaling from the growth given to us in Birds of Prey & The Suicide Squad. I think it will be easier to regress to a Harley Quinn that is still with the Joker if there is a different actress playing her… This will help me to separate it out as a film version of a non-continuity story.
That being said, I am still sad and frustrated we never got a Gotham City Sirens film with Margot…

6 Likes