Harley's Crew

@gwynerso @iJest Great little detail, for sure! (I may or may not have dorked out on it in the theater, lol) Anyway, gwynerso is right—Its w/ Renee toward the end. Points for Margot Robbie for Harley-History! :face_with_monocle: :harleys_crew:

Ps. This was in my YouTube today…

12 Likes

Just gonna leave this right there….

11 Likes

“because it didn’t fit with the character’s brand”

:woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

I guess his “brand” is being a bad partner and lover. On an adult show. :expressionless: Poor Selina. :facepalm_catwoman:

9 Likes

But it’s okay to violently maim if not kill peeps.

:cobb_squad:

8 Likes

Right?? :roll_eyes: So dumb. It’s not a kids show either, so I don’t know why THIS is the place they’ll draw a line in the sand. Join us HERE if you want to talk about it. :harleys_crew: :facepalm_catwoman:

But as I said, I guess now we all know why this happened:

10 Likes

Dedicated to Bruce:

7 Likes

LOL POINTS FOR @Mae!! I :purple_heart: this song! :dancer:t2: Such a good album, too. Ty! :hugs:

8 Likes

There’s a Lil Kim song that comes to mind. Maybe that better explained WHY they were doing what they were doing (Batman/Catwoman) Just a suggestion.

6 Likes

Which one?

6 Likes

Here’s another thing :coffee: :open_book: :00_suicide_squad1:

AND!! :point_up: Come check this out, if ya get a chance!

7 Likes

“Not Tonight”,

4 Likes

Ooh, thanks @ejdias.95910. Totally listening to it now. :dancer:t2: :notes:

5 Likes

I mean, to be fair, Bruce DOES have a history of being a relatively terrible partner so maybe that tracks.

6 Likes

Nope. Maybe in Executive DJ Khalid’s mind that doesn’t happen, but as far as I’m concerned, he absolutely does do that.

I mean, depending on the context or shot placement I could MAYBE see why there might be some trebutation – I mean, even the scenes with Harley and Ivy in the second season weren’t very explicit – but surely they could communicate that without going too explicit.

Hell, The Road to El Dorado implies it and that was a kids movie from…2000? That was 21 years ago?! Sheesh, I’m getting old!

5 Likes

Hi @Jay_Kay , @iJest , @TheGirlWonder12 , @discordia57 I missed u on the other page (ran out the tag limit) ty everyone @Razzzcat , @DC89, @Mae , @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder etc…- Everyone for all the pics & comments. Ty for picking me up!!!

10 Likes
6 Likes

Au contraire, I think most fans of villain/anti-hero characters acknowledge that their favorite characters have anti-moral or morally ambiguous traits, and we’re not saying they’re always or often good people. I think Bruce is essentially a good person but there is no doubt that he is written in a negative way by some writers. I think it’s inexplicable that DC has decided it would damage their sales to depict him giving oral sex. I’ve certainly never heard of it being unmanly or whatever their argument is. It’s not Bruce’s fault when he gets a bad writer but for the parent company to come out and make this blanket statement is an eyebrow-raiser for me.

6 Likes

That’s not what they said at all.

It’s also worth noting that an awful lot of revolutionaries who did reasonable amounts of good for the world were awful to their partners and families and just generally like. Bad friends. Because their cause comes before them or anybody they care about to them. Batman is a hero, but he’s a persona and a symbol, and only one part of who Bruce Wayne on a whole is. And Bruce Wayne as a partner, as a father, whilst he tries, has a history of being, for all his efforts, not the best at it- in part because in his mind, often Bruce Wayne is the mask, not the Bat. This is a failing he’s admitted himself quite a few times.
People like Harley, however, whilst still having depth, have cast off the separation between persona and person and have become fully who they are. Is that person necessarily good and pure? Of course not, but people rarely are. Now, I cannot speak for them, but for myself- harley’s current arc, and her appearances in man-bat speak to me deeply. To her, being Harley Quinn in the truest sense is about rejecting any type of societal or other expectation of her and living to her true self. She has cast off the Joker, she’s cast off the rules society has set for her- and now she’s trying her hardest to do good, whilst accepting that forgiveness and renewed connection with some people might not be possible. She’s not a “good” person, but she’s a believable one, and she’s now trying her hardest to be her best self. That’s more enjoyable to me than mister broody millionaire who doesn’t know how to communicate emotions

8 Likes

From the article…

“It’s incredibly gratifying and free to be using characters that are considered villains because you just have so much more leeway,” he said. “A perfect example of that is in this third season of ‘Harley’ [when] we had a moment where Batman was going down on Catwoman. And DC was like, ‘You can’t do that. You absolutely cannot do that.’ They’re like, ‘Heroes don’t do that.’ So, we said, ‘Are you saying heroes are just selfish lovers?’ They were like, ‘No, it’s that we sell consumer toys for heroes. It’s hard to sell a toy if Batman is also going down on someone.’”

Maybe they need to expand their “toy” market… :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:

Also, the heroes don’t do that argument. Does that mean if they wrote the scene with Harley and Ivy it’d be passable? :thinking: TV-MA my friends, it’s there for a reason.

8 Likes